Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was thinking of buying a 125 gallon tank and putting 2 piraya 2 ternetzi and 4 cariba in there. Anybody have any takes on that setup? And anybody have any bag/good success/failure stories? Thanks.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice setup. I've always loved black gravel. Sorry to hear about your reds, that sucks to lose them that large.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Great pix guys!!
Im jealous.. wish I can get my digi cam to work so that I can show off my 125. Soon enough though.. But for now, heres a pic of my old shoal in the 125.. I think I had 8 RBs..

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
old pic of my shoal. 4 cariba, 2 wild reds, 2 tern and 1 piraya...in a 125. I have since down sized to one tern because they are growing pretty fast.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Nice. A tern and 3 red bellys? I'm still kind of working on my identification skills.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I think I'm gonna give up on the pygo shoal (before I even got it lol) for now. I think I'm gonna have a variety of rhoms instead (in different tanks of course).

·
Registered
316 Posts
I have 2 caribas, 2 terns, 2 super reds, and 2 pirayas in a 125. In my opinion a mixed pygo tank is more interesting than a single rhom tank.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I have 2 caribas, 2 terns, 2 super reds, and 2 pirayas in a 125. In my opinion a mixed pygo tank is more interesting than a single rhom tank.
Pygo shoals are nice, but I like rhoms a lot more. They're my favorite P.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
rhoms are cool, but having a variety in one tank is great. here's a pic of my yellow natt, 2 natts, and caribe in my 75 gallon.

Joe

1 - 20 of 33 Posts