Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

7,899 Posts
Did you add water conditioner (chlorine treatment)

was the water too clod or too hot??

what is the PH of your tank and tapwater??

could be anyone of those need more info!!

· Danse Macabre!
9,834 Posts
What do you mean by culligan water? If you mean water that's been run through a filter, it's just a carbon filter and yes it will still have chlorine in it.

If you have them in water that is free of chlorine (like bottled water) but initially did a change with tap water and caused chlorine damage to the gill membranes it's probably too late. Putting them in clean water after the fact is like giving you a bottle of spring water after drinking battery acid, the damage is already done.

· Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
well thanks for your hlep, the other 3 in my 75 seem to be doing alr\ight, i added de chorline stuff, is therea posisvblity they will go dead too? and what should i do about my 2 floating fish that are barely breathing

· Registered
146 Posts
well, if you loose any, you can always call a taxidermist. you have to treat the water with a conditioner and make sure it's the same temp or near the same if you don't have a themometer. And do not change any more than 25% of your water in one day, this could affect the ph and the temp of the water and make the fish go into shock. Hope this helps, sorry for your fish.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.