Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Elongatus

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know what to get, Ive heard that cariba are the most aggressive shoal of piranha you can have, But ive also heard great things about elongs being terrors, HELP ME!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Do not hesitate get up to 5 Caribas for your 90g for life...you won´t regret. I love Elongatus but the shoal will be more active and best looking...
!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
TerrOr said:
Are you sure 5 isnt crowding? Cant they get to like a foot?
If you´re talking about aggression it depends on your fish temp, sometimes it works sometimes it dosn´t...IME 5 Caribas in a 90g tank will do ok (i have Caribas since 14 years ago and i have 13 in this moment)...will they get the foot long?...depends on many factors:plenty and varied food, water quality (weekly water changes and check parameters), social behavior (aggressive or kind), exercising (you should add a powerhead)...
!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
TerrOr said:
Will an aqua clear 301 powerhead work ok?
Don´t know...i recommend at least a current of 300 gallons per hour (300 gph)!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
go with the shoal...imo its better looking at more then one fish..

·
Registered
834 Posts
An elongatus in a 90 gallon is a waste of space. Sure it will have plenty of room and enjoy all that room but thats not much to look at. You will be happier with a small group of fish.

·
Truffle shuffle!!!!!!!
18,670 Posts
what type of p's do u alredy have.if u have a pygo shoal alredy go for a heavly planted with a elong.

just my opinion

1 - 16 of 16 Posts