Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,772 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i'm going to upgrade to about a 110-135 gal tank. normal glass rectangular for my pygo shoal with a stand and all that. i was thinking probably add a nice size wet dry this time instead of hanging power filters(unless i can just use my two ac 500's), that's open to suggestion. my question is: you can get large tanks normal, drilled, with overflow already, etc. etc. what's the deal there? if you want to use canister or wet dry beneath do you need drilled or overflow, or is it just aesthetics that help hide equipment? should i just get a normal unmodified tank, or do i want one with all those spicy mods? someone help please. i've seen members with both. what's the deal.

·
Nurses Do It Better
10,001 Posts
There is a post in the classifieds. The guy is from south jersey. He has a 135 gallon reef ready tank and stand i was gonna get but then my old lady intervened and killed that idea especially around christmas time. He goes by the name Cichlids1. A reef ready tank means the holes are predrilled. Not sure if the holes are on the bottom of tank or in the back or both. A wetdry/canister combo will do good for filtration. Doesn't matter if you set up a tank predrilled or not. But with holes pre drilled in the back of the tank you will have ultimately a clean look with nothing hanging over the back.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts