Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
[quote name='roidrage03' date='18 November 2010 - 10:22 PM' timestamp='1290136925' post='2611864']
If packed correctly, the fish should survive. Mine did not, due to packing.
[/
What was packed wrong, bag was sealed, full of oxygen in a styrofam lined box with heat packs, you verified this yourself, and regardless of your claims, the post cleay states shipping is at your risk and your expense, it's plane English, I made you an offer and it was just as good as any vendor would offer you and you refused, now you will lose out, I tried to be the nice guy, I guess it doesn't pay

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
I can vouch for shannon his shipping was Vendor grade, My brandti arrived in great condition. I personally would be more suspect of the guy with "roidrage" as there screen name.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
I'm sorry to air this in public like this but I just wanted the terms to be understood before this problem arises again. I will try to keep this between the buyer and myself, and off the public fourme

·
Registered
111 Posts
He was packed well but not well Enough for weather this harsh I guess then because he did not survive and looked dead for over 12 hours. Its like 30degrees over here....I guess my fish was the outlier of the group :/

·
Registered
2,703 Posts
If packed correctly, the fish should survive. Mine did not, due to packing.
That would be a incorrect statement... Fish often die from the stress of shipping. You took a risk and it didnt pay off. (I would never ever pay for something without live arrival guarantee) Don't blame the seller, as he stated he is just a fish keeper with a little shipping experience.

·
Registered
111 Posts
Dolphinman little do you know that my fish arrived almost frozen. The water was ice cold. So tell me whose fault that would be. Ignore other factors; think whose fault it would be if the one heatpack did nothing but sit on the bottom corner of the box under tons of newspaper.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
when i had my pygos packed by vendor to ship across the country the heat packs were position the same, under bunch news papers. if it was in direct contact of the bag then you might end up with a bag of fish soup. shipping in cold weather increase the risk and sometimes even ship by a vendor you may still ended up with a frozen fish. you know how cold your area will get and should have asked for more heat packs and/or thicker insulation and/or better insulation materials.
no one likes losing fish but don't blame everything on the seller if you agreed on his way of packaging prior shipping the package to you. next time do air cargo if you can, its much better than leave the fish in the hands of FedEx or UPS, IMO

·
Cryptocoryne junkie
4,543 Posts
I ship a lot of plants and sometimes things dont arrive the way you want them to or the person at the sorting facility decides to take a break and leave your package out in the weather. Sounds like everything was packed correctly, just did not make it. Happens a lot more than what we hear about. I lost plenty of fish and plants due to shipping even when I thought that they should have made it. USPS lost a $10,000 check of mine that I had mailed, with tracking and delivery confirmation. Finally arrived 2 weeks later, but they had no idea where it went. Shipping sucks no matter what it is.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
moving day is set for December 15th, come get this stuff before it goes to the lfs. treat yourself to a new tank or add a new piranha to your collection for the holidays

·
Registered
20,454 Posts
I was never told how he was packing it just that he knows what he is doing. I trusted that.
That is soley your fault

Living in alaska and haveing fish shipped to me- The shipping process is the first thing I inquire about.....Especially when recieving fish in below zero weather....Extra precautions just need to be taken when we live in these type inviroments....

I have even lost several fish in transport-I have never asked for a replacement due to weather....It's just a lesson learned.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just want to thank rhomkeeper for the wonderful red belleys and the GREAT packaging and shipping!! All 14 are ALIVE and getting used to there new home!! They were shipped on Friday @ 5pm, and arrived in NH @ 9:30 Sat. morning. I am sorry he had to sell his fish. If he wants them back, the price is triple....LOL Just kidding rhomkeeper.
We have been talking to him on and off for days prior to the sale and he has been nothing but helpful and still is, even tho the fish are no longer in his posession. I really feel bad that his last shipment did not work out. After that happened, he called me to tell me what happened and that he didn't feel comfortable doing it again. I told him S**T happens, and to go ahead and ship. If I happen to get them and they are DOA, it's the nature of the beast, and it would be my lost. Aqua Scape guarentees there live delivery but if any are DOA, they will replace them but you have to pay the shipping cost again.
I have to say once again, rhomkeeper is a stand up guy!!! Thank you again for the fish and wonderful transaction!!! Best of luck with everything and keep in touch!!!

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
[quote name='rich k' date='20 November 2010 - 06:08 PM' timestamp='1290294485' post='2612603']
I just want to thank rhomkeeper for the wonderful red belleys and the GREAT packaging and shipping!! All 14 are ALIVE and getting used to there new home!! They were shipped on Friday @ 5pm, and arrived in NH @ 9:30 Sat. morning. I am sorry he had to sell his fish. If he wants them back, the price is triple....LOL Just kidding rhomkeeper.
We have been talking to him on and off for days prior to the sale and he has been nothing but helpful and still is, even tho the fish are no longer in his posession. I really feel bad that his last shipment did not work out. After that happened, he called me to tell me what happened and that he didn't feel comfortable doing it again. I told him S**T happens, and to go ahead and ship. If I happen to get them and they are DOA, it's the nature of the beast, and it would be my lost. Aqua Scape guarentees there live delivery but if any are DOA, they will replace them but you have to pay the shipping cost again.
I have to say once again, rhomkeeper is a stand up guy!!! Thank you again for the fish and wonderful transaction!!! Best of luck with everything and keep in touch!!!/quote]

thanks rich, i hope you gues enjoy them.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Did you sell your large Rhom?? I'm the guy who bought your mixed pygo's and is selling it now because I'm moving
Might keep the tank if you have your rhom

Bump for good fish, and a good man.

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
Did you sell your large Rhom?? I'm the guy who bought your mixed pygo's and is selling it now because I'm moving
Might keep the tank if you have your rhom

Bump for good fish, and a good man.
yea i still have him, was gonna sell him, but i just couldn't bring myself to part with such a monster.

that sucks that you have to sell all those pygos, that was a pretty nice group, good luck, hope it works out for ya

21 - 39 of 39 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.