Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
1,696 Posts
its dvd player techology alone could sell for 800 bucks.
seriously...even the cheap blu-ray players are in the 600-800 dollar range. its really a value at 600 bucks...an incredible value...you get a gaming system, AND a blu-ray player. SICKNESS!!!
[/quote]

Sony actually loses money on every ps3 they have sold thus far ....

I dont suppose anytime soon with the bluray technology

·
Frontosa King
9,990 Posts
xbox 360 hasnt even dropped yet and it was last chrismas's hot item. its still for sale at all the stores around me but all the Wii and PS# are sold. IMO xbox should drop their price on the 360 now because they are still packed on the shelves because no one wants them anymore with PS3 and Wii on the market.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
xbox 360 hasnt even dropped yet and it was last chrismas's hot item. its still for sale at all the stores around me but all the Wii and PS# are sold. IMO xbox should drop their price on the 360 now because they are still packed on the shelves because no one wants them anymore with PS3 and Wii on the market.
The 360 should have dropped their price right when PS3 and Wii hit the market. I know Microcenter was having a $100 rebate on the 360s the last few weeks. Actually it looks like the $100 off deal is still going on.

·
Registered
307 Posts
The PS3 will probably drop in price as soon as they become available. That is, when the supply finally catches up with the demand.
Since X-box hasn't dropped in price, PS3 won't for many years to come. In the meantime, spend more time out of your house or get a Wii.

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
Didnt it come out like, a couple days ago??? And youre already asking when the price is going to drop?

Also, what are the chances that the blu-ray dvd player is like, a bottom of the barrell player compared to other units? It seems to me that, if blu-ray players alone cost as much as the ps3, then the ps3 must have a lame blu-ray player. Am I alone in following that line of logic? Otherwise, its like Sony is giving something away for free...or worse..

·
WWTCD?
9,785 Posts
Didnt it come out like, a couple days ago??? And youre already asking when the price is going to drop?

Also, what are the chances that the blu-ray dvd player is like, a bottom of the barrell player compared to other units? It seems to me that, if blu-ray players alone cost as much as the ps3, then the ps3 must have a lame blu-ray player. Am I alone in following that line of logic? Otherwise, its like Sony is giving something away for free...or worse..
Someone pointed this out before, I think, in a debate about blu-ray vs hd dvd, saying that although play station helped to bring DVD players into people's houses in the first place that they weren't all that great. I'd be weary of the player that's in the PS3 in terms of its quality. (Though I will be getting an HD DVD player for $299 CDN, but that's through work, so it's a different story.)

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I guess I'll find out how well the ps3 works this coming saturday. I snagged one from amazon.com through a promotion where your chances of obtaining one are 1 in 48. You have to fill out a survey first. This promo is on till midnight. So basically I'm getting a 60 gig at retail for $600.00

·
Registered
542 Posts
The 360 should have dropped their price right when PS3 and Wii hit the market. I know Microcenter was having a $100 rebate on the 360s the last few weeks. Actually it looks like the $100 off deal is still going on.
[/quote]

Yea I got mine through Microcenter as well. Got a premium x-box 360 for $199.00 and that's with 2 rebates. You sign up for the credit card with reward points and purchase it with that. You then call the credit card company and they will send you a check for $100 back and then they give you the second rebate form in the store and you mail that in with the UPC symbol on the side of the box and copy of receipt and will get another $100 back. Deal goes on till Dec 31st. Thats' the best deal out there. Ok off to play some more Call of Duty 2!!!!

·
ROCKINTIMBZ
6,551 Posts
I got screwed out of like 300 dollars in these mail in rebates over the years. Never have I recieved any money back and if I did go about filing a complaint or something im sure they would tell me some BS about how I messed something up or didnt fill something out.

·
Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
2,094 Posts
rebates are weak..

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
[/quote]

Yea I got mine through Microcenter as well. Got a premium x-box 360 for $199.00 and that's with 2 rebates. You sign up for the credit card with reward points and purchase it with that. You then call the credit card company and they will send you a check for $100 back and then they give you the second rebate form in the store and you mail that in with the UPC symbol on the side of the box and copy of receipt and will get another $100 back. Deal goes on till Dec 31st. Thats' the best deal out there. Ok off to play some more Call of Duty 2!!!!

[/quote]

Are you serious? $199 for a premium.... sh*t i just had to buy a surround sound system, receiver, and x-mas gifts. I might have to stop in to check out this credit card deal.

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.