Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Look into my eyes!
7,357 Posts
I would like to spend around $50-$75 (plants, lights, gravel, etc), no more on plants. I would like my plants to be easy to keep plants. I have not purchased a light system or gravel for my 55 gallon. I would like some smaller plants in the front, larger plants in the back. I also would like a light system that looks respectable (not like a garage light system).

Is thiss possible? Can you help me? Any suggestions?
Also, I would not like to use CO2.

I also do not need the tank to be overly crowded with plants. I want the fish to be the main attractions.

The fish are kinda big, so they might need a little more space.

EDIT: I allready have plenty of driftwood and large rocks.

· Registered
351 Posts
u can but those bambo plants in ur tank and they only grow 1/2 to 1 in. a year so they r easy to take care of. i spent like 30 r so to put in my 2 135's looks really nice i picked them up from a asian pant store in the mail .

· Registered
873 Posts
I just bought Anubia and Cryptocorynes for my tank. They are a little pricier than other plants, but they are low maintenance/low light plants that will eventually grow to be very nice and can be cut into smaller plants at a future date.

So far in about two weeks, each plant has sprouted two new leaves!

I paid about 15 CAN for each though.

Good luck!

Pac

· Registered
146 Posts
94NDTA said:
I would like to spend around $50-$75 (plants, lights, gravel, etc), no more on plants. I would like my plants to be easy to keep plants. I have not purchased a light system or gravel for my 55 gallon. I would like some smaller plants in the front, larger plants in the back. I also would like a light system that looks respectable (not like a garage light system).

Is thiss possible? Can you help me? Any suggestions?
Also, I would not like to use CO2.

I also do not need the tank to be overly crowded with plants. I want the fish to be the main attractions.

The fish are kinda big, so they might need a little more space.

EDIT: I allready have plenty of driftwood and large rocks.
[snapback]824242[/snapback]​
did you find your drift wood or did you buy it, if bought, where can i get a good piece of log or something with limbs if possible? i have a 75g size-48x18x21.

· Look into my eyes!
7,357 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PYROPYGO1 said:
did you find your drift wood or did you buy it, if bought, where can i get a good piece of log or something with limbs if possible? i have a 75g size-48x18x21.
[snapback]830729[/snapback]​
The ones I have in my tank I found at a local river.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.