Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to put some plants and maybe some driftwood with my spilo im gonna order tomorrow, what type of plants would be good. Also where could i find some black water extract?

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i have amazon swords in my tanks but i leave the lights on for 10-12 hours a day. Give your fish a little time to get used to the lights on the tank... it might be scared at first. I heard java fern are good plants but havnt been able to pick them up. Im in South Carolina and went to all the lfs around here and tried getting plants that floot on top of the water and they said they were illegal lol wtf is that sh*t. I went to my a pong in the back of my neighbor hood to get drift wood. Let your wood sit in a buckett for about a week changing the water every day then I boiled it for about 2 hours and it looks great in my tank and it cost no money. If your wood floats get a stainless steal screw, drill a hole in a flat rock that is heavy enough to weigt the wood down. and screw that wood in lol.

·
Registered
951 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have my 55 set with timers to come on at 8 and go off at 8, so i'll just get another timer and it should be fine for my 30 but im not sure if that light will turn back on after its cut off from power

1 - 10 of 10 Posts