Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ite here is my situation...i went to the lfs today to pick up an amazon sword...i was inspired after reading some stuff on here...i paid $6 for a plant about 5 inches high...i then went to the grocery store(meijer's, for those in the great lakes region) and they had them for $2...so here is my question...i would never in a million years buy a fish from meijer's becaseu i am sure that their tanks are disease filled...but is it okay to buy plants...

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
well if you already have some plants why dont you just wait till they produce some more for you. With proper care this will happen.
maybe you could buy the plants from this place where they are cheaper but when you place them in the new tank make sure that none of the water from the plants bag goes into the tank. also try rinsing them off too with the smae temperature water.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Watch out for snails and snail eggs, if there's one then your tank will be overrun by them if you don't have any fish that eat them. You can give the plants a salt bath. Check around at the different fish stores for the plant selections, pick the best looking ones (and also for prices). Shouldn't matter where you get them from as long as it's a half-decent store. Never heard of a grocery store carrying aquarium plants before.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts