Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
286 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you tell the differance between piraya and other piranha. I have noticed that one of my piranha has a solid black tail, as opposed to my 2 other reds that have black then a silver middle and end black. Just wondering what the main differances are between reds and piraya (Visiable distinctions)? I know this is a pretty dumb question, but any info. is great

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Pirayas usually have orange bellies as babies through yong adult stages. Usually when matured, the orange turns yellow and has flame markings on the side, at adult stage. Its as thick as a reg Natt, but know to grow the biggest out of all Pygos. Also one of the most beautiful and expensive Ps to own, considering their high demand and from its locality.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
They come in a few colors...red, orange and yellow. The easiest way to tell is the coloring on the belly extends with "flames" well past the middle of the fish. They also have clear eyes and a pretty heavy jaw. They are relatively thin compared to other pygos.

My Piraya.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
heres a pic of my piraya and 2 of my reds together you can see the difference .the reds are 6'' and the piraya 5''

dixon

1 - 5 of 5 Posts