Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
4 5-6" Caribe and i want to add 1 6-7" Piraya. Good idea? They are living in a 60g right now. Plan to upgrade once they out grow the tank. I think i know the answer to this question already but i would like to know what everyone else thinks.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I would say you need a bigger tank ASAP. I would be hard pressed to put those babies in a 75g. I think they will be fine but get a bigger tank asap.

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
what happened to the reds? you sell them already?
good luck mixing your caribas are mean bastard..they might make a meal out of w.w. piraya

·
Me except the eye color
6,210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I still got the reds. They are in the same tank as the Caribe but if i do get the piraya then i would have to move the reds to another tank.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
A little tight eric. I would hate to see you lose a pricey piraya.

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Just my opinion but if it was me I'd wait till I got a bigger tank. I wouldn't ant to lose a Piraya or any piranha for that matter. Piraya tend to be very expensive.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Azrael said:
YES eric,
go for piraya, it is a great fish, but look for a P, that is equal in size to your cariba...
Pirayas are nice pricey P's!!! But Caribas are untrustable badasses, no doubt!!! But if you ever plann on getting any other Ps with Caribas, try getting it a couple of inches bigger. They have histories of being way territorial and more aggressivness than any other Pygo.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Wassup E,
Just to give u an idea, i have similar setup. I have an 11" tern, 7" piraya, (2) 4" caribe's and (4) 8" rbp's in a 125 gal.
One of the caribe's owns half the tank. If the huge tern gets anywhere near his side, he launches an attack.

Scares the crap out of me sometimes. I got lots of $ invested in that tern.
I added the piraya last and for the most part they all get along fine.
Its the freakin caribe's u gotta watch out for. Their the pitbulls of fish, at least in my tank.

Bottom line is i think its alright to add the piraya. but in the hobby of p's you ultimately never know.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sorry, you need a bigger tank...Caribas are highly territorial and could kill any other P if there is not enough room...!

·
Registered
879 Posts
I have three 5-6" caribes and one 4-5" piraya in a 75 gallon and they're all doing fine. I would definately get a larger tank in your situation though.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
i agree e pirays cost to friggin much upgrade 1st then add piraya i wouldnt risk it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts