Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
got a 60 gallon tank up and ready for fish to be added. i gonna have 3-4 reds in there. But i want to know .. what other fish do you guys think would be able to live (somewhat) peacefully with the reds?

I'm also thinking about putting 2-3 crabs to "chill" on the bottom. Think this will be an issue with the reds?

·
Registered
2,201 Posts
crawfish get eaten adventually. if you get cratfish, they are cheap but will last while in my experience and then get eaten. they are fun to have. basicly when adding tank mates to an aggressive fish you'll want to go cheap becasue you will never know when they will be turned on.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
Crabs? No Dice. AS for tanks mates, it has to be fast enough to avoid the P's and be able to hide. If you have a tanks with no hiding spots, good luck keeping anothing else alive. Convicts are good too as they are really fast

·
Registered
873 Posts
i would go with some exodens . . . I'm planning on adding 6-8 to my pygo tank as soon as I get a pair of reds and a ternz to play with my caribas.

~Will.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
traumatic said:
NO MATTER WHAT YOU PUT W/ YOUR PIRANHAS, IT WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
add convicts or exodons those are the best ive had experience with but u have to understand

PIRANHA+ OTHER FISH IN HIS TANK= FOOD EVENTUALLY

·
Registered
2,026 Posts
I have had cory catfish in my tank for over 3 months now. I guess eventually they will disapper but for now they stay near the botton and my rbps dont even bother with them.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
None but a big Pleco should survive...
!

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
traumatic said:
NO MATTER WHAT YOU PUT W/ YOUR PIRANHAS, IT WILL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
just another dinner waiting

·
Registered
1,025 Posts
i have to giant danios in my tank. they never stop swimming and very fast p's cant seem to cetch them.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Everything that I put in with my piranha is killed... but I do have two guppies that have survived for about two weeks.

GIR

·
Registered
834 Posts
You can try a couple crawfish, but definately have some bogwood and rocks for them to hide under. I've had two now for a few months and i never see em, but when i lift up the wood there they are. Also i think they do help up and clean up the few scraps (either that or the pleco
) Good luck and i also agree with everyone don't waste your money on expensive fish. I've been dying to buy one of those blue lobsters cause i think they look awesome but i just know it will get smoked.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i would add a bigger pleco than the p's and if you add them whilst they are young you have a better chance of survival. i added a pleco with reds who were 6'' and it lasted under 12 hrs but the pleco i have now has lived with reds since the were 1/2'' it was 4'' and is still alive and kicking.i even added my piraya at 4'' and it never really bothered the pleco exept other territory for a few days when it forst added it.pleco has lasted over 1 1/2 years living with p's.
dixon

1 - 17 of 17 Posts