Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
323 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many Red Belly's can go in a 125 gallon for life? I have read other forums and posts and I get a very broad answer. Usually from 5 to 15. What is the ideal amount to have? I do water changes 25% twice a week, I have a Fluval Fx5 and Magnum 350 with a AC110 hang on back. I have exodon tetras and a few Convicts for dithers.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
1 rbp per 20gals. thats what ive read for full grown. People usually start out with more and sell them as they grow. So i would say 6 full grown

·
Registered
371 Posts
I've got 3 Reds in my 125 along with a crayfish, large pleco and some smaller community fish to keep the tank looking "alive" - compared to the P's staying in their spots. 1 - FX4 and 2 - Emp 400's. IF/WHEN the smaller fish get eaten off, I'll replace them with other community fish for the visual benefit, but otherwise have no intention on increasing the P population. After raising them from fry, I'd hate to see one go down to a new arrival - would be PISSED.

·
Registered
5,625 Posts
Like harry said...

·
Registered
125 Posts
I have 12, 4-5" reds in my 125. I know as they get bigger, some will have to go. But i ordered 12 1" babies, thinking that about half would die off or get eaten. I went form 8 to 3 my first batch. But i never lost a one with this batch, plus the tank was under-filtered with 2 emp 400's until last week. Now i have an XP3, AC110, and Mag. 350.
Not to mention i have 3 weak p's that are missing an eye. They have amazing color, and i have never had any sickness or disease, despite a major ammonia spike last week when both emp. 400's took a sh*t at the same time.
i do a 30% water change 1-2 times a week.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts