Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
a friend gave me his a 65 gallen tank with a pair of rb piranhas. I had them for a month and they had babys! i was woundering how fast will they grow? Right now they are about 1'' if that. How long untill i need to get a bigger tank. :eek:oo:

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
What are the dimensions on the tank. They grow really fast to 7in and after that they slow down. My rb took 2years to get 10in. You can keep them in your 65g for a while if not life.

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
its a 65 Gallon and you only have 2 :O ... get another BBP npw while you can at the same size... thats almost a MUST... go get another now if not those 2 will pic on each other, you need a 3rd wheel to average out the agression...and they grow quick, what can seem almost an inch a month at times if you feed a good diet

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
What I read in your post is that your reds have spawned, if that is the case and you have a bunch of little ones you will need a lot of space if you plan to keep them. If you keep them in the current tank you will experience canabalism and loose most. This all depends on how many little guys you have but you may want to look into selling most of the fry.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts