Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2000 gallon tank with a slow current. I have 3 black arawanas in it, each about 10" long. I also have a few FW Morays, but they just hide most of the time. My tank is pretty heavily planted.

Can I get a shoal (5 or 6) of Red Bellies or Cariba? I know that Arawanas do fine with most other fish (Oscars and such), but if I kept the Piranhas well-fed, would they go after my Arawanas? How much of a risk would I be taking?

·
~ATLANTA BRAVES~
18,086 Posts
welcome to the site. yes i do beleive that your arowanas wil be killled. piranhas have a problem living with others quite often.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
depends on the tank and fish

my 5 reds cant catch the bala sharks, and tinfoil barbs i have in there. too many plants, driftwood, and rocks

·
Look into my eyes!
7,561 Posts
2000 gallons, jeebus, I would like to see that too

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Nothings really guarenteed with Piranahs (a Crariba shoal, if that) even in a 2000 gal tank. I wouldnt risk it..

Also about your 2000 gal tank:

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
if you like your aros alot ..i wouldn't even consider tossing any type of p in with them..they will become a snack eventually...and do you have any picture of your tank..like to take a lookey..

·
Registered
2,290 Posts
holy crap big tank i would get rid of the aro's and rays and morays and get a shoal of spilo or try maybe some rhombeus!!

·
Registered
24 Posts
holy crap, that's big tank, man, if you had a shoal of p's in there, not only would it be the coolest thing ever, seein a group of big p's cruisin along like they're in the amazon, but would they even come into contact with the other fish that much if it's well planted?
sounds like a cool idea
hey, how do you move stuff around in a 2000 gallon tank, just hop in and hold your breath?

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
I wouldn't be surprised if the aros picked off a few piranha as well. I wouldn't do it.

2000 gallons

·
Registered
3,694 Posts
holy moly! a 2000g tank!

PICS!!!!

i would definently not risk losing a fish with that scenario, but i would definently haveing something bad ass in 2000g tank.

i cant even imagine....

·
Registered
256 Posts
I wonder what the dimensions of that would be??
As of now I cant even begin to have an image of the size of that in my head

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
the arrows will get picked off from underneath or even eat the p's depending on what size .
either way fish will be lost.
a 2000 gal tank must be well over 12' get some pics up that will be nice
dixon

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Holy sh#t!!!!
a 2000 gallon, i want that now.
must be a pain in the ass to clean, lets see some pics!.
I f your realy atached to your curent fish and don't want to get rid of em or loose em, see what other kinds of neat fish can go in there with em, my advice, don't put piranhas in there unless u don't mind loosing some fish. I would get rid of arrows and try to shoal serras!
rhom's,spilo's,elo.....mayby not one of those badass's
Good luck and welcome to the site

1 - 20 of 24 Posts