Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Piranhas and Oscars together in a tank? If doable, or sometimes doable, what's the best way to go about this?

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
it 50/50 that it will work..but most of the time you oscar will become food

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
piranha 13 said:
Staubsaugen said:
what other sorts of fish do get usually get along with Piranhas?
plecos
sometimes ..there really isn't any fish that compatiable with p's

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
depends on what type of piranha's you have...redbellies seem to be the best fit for tank mates. Just about any serra you get will kill anything you put in with them.

·
Registered
394 Posts
if ur oscer is a mean little guy and is bigger then the p's it should be fine but only with reds any other fish like cariba may kill him

·
Registered
492 Posts
bobme said:
make sure the oscar is bigger then the piranha.
That does not matter, even if the piranha is half the size of the oscar the piranha will attack it when the oscar is not paying attention and beause of the size difference he will run, I have seen it with my own eyes. When the piranha is almost the size of the oscar it will be food or he will kill it.

By the way you double posted, With your **** banana

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Staubsaugen said:
what other sorts of fish do get usually get along with Piranhas?
You can try Exodons (Bucktooth Tetras). I had 10 Exo's with 5 RBs in a 55. No space so I was left with 5. Now they're both housed in a spacier 125. Getting more Exo's since theres more space for both.

Yeah check out the previous postings. There've been numerous questions regarding P's with Oscars that would satisfy your curiosity and decisions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts