Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know who sells piranhas in groups at whole sale prices? I am looking for something in the U.S. because I don't want to pay for importers license and the inspection fees and all of that.

·
Registered
925 Posts
yeah man all those fees suck, i live in canada so not only do i have to deal with the exchange rate, and then just like the dumb border fees like 160 jus fo it to cross an imaginary line i mean
jez piranhas are more than ligal here but they sure give us a hard time if we want enyhtign becides red-bellies. its gonna cost me like 600 bux just to get a few small 3 inch fish. did i menation fees suck :rasp:

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
myles said:
yeah man all those fees suck, i live in canada so not only do i have to deal with the exchange rate, and then just like the dumb border fees like 160 jus fo it to cross an imaginary line i mean
jez piranhas are more than ligal here but they sure give us a hard time if we want enyhtign becides red-bellies. its gonna cost me like 600 bux just to get a few small 3 inch fish. did i menation fees suck :rasp:
[snapback]936285[/snapback]​
your just lookin in the wrong places when you say all we get are red bellies lol
also prices are supply & demand..dont want them dont buy them,want them pay the price

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
mattd46612 said:
just look to your right.... www.sharkaquarium.com and www.aquascape.com
[snapback]936277[/snapback]​
No, I want something cheaper than that. Buying in Bulk. I have a small tropical fish store and people keep asking about piranhas. I was thinking more of like a company that could keep a steady flow of piranhas coming in.

·
Registered
4,085 Posts
the sponsors get their piranhas from south america.. at least pedro does.. if u can hook up with an exporter ud be set... but theres a lot of red tape to go thru.. i suggest u email one of the sponsors and see if u can get info that way cause i dont relaly kno details.. best of luck to u

·
Registered
430 Posts
I think you guys are suppose to ask Marco..He's the guy that gets Piranha's from Pedro i heardd He lives in Ontario i thinkkk

·
Registered
1,163 Posts
Yep belowwater has em. They're minimum order was $200 before i don't know now

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
mully2003 said:
I was thinking more of like a company that could keep a steady flow of piranhas coming in.
[snapback]936659[/snapback]​
I think your best bet for inexpensive piranhas, at least redbellies, would be to find a local hobbyist whos natts are breeding. Since most people don't have enough room in their house to keep a full spawn of natt babies, you could probably get them relatively inexspensively.

As for serrasalmus species, except maybe Serrasalmus rhombeus, you might as well give up looking for a wholesaler, since the majority of these species are wild caught.

·
Aquarium Ninja
4,169 Posts
fung88 said:
I think you guys are suppose to ask Marco..He's the guy that gets Piranha's from Pedro i heardd He lives in Ontario i thinkkk
[snapback]936753[/snapback]​
yep im getting a piraya and caribe from him,inwhich is coming from pedro

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
mashunter18 said:
If your in Canada try belowwater (Oliver), he only sells wholesale, if he is still doing it.
[snapback]936986[/snapback]​
I tried going to belowwater but I live in the states. I would have to pay all kinds of legal fees to get an importers license and inspections. Plus, olivers prices really were not that much better than george or pedros.

·
Registered
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
jamesdelanoche said:
where are you located? See if you can find someone who's natts are breeding and they would LOVE a steady supply of business.
[snapback]940531[/snapback]​
I live in michigan.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts