Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
your title is a bit confusing, but between reds and caribe, the biggest difference visually is the black humeral spot the caribes have. And with time you will also notice the aggresiveness of the caribes. Mine attack food first and eat the most. The reds will coming clean up once the mess is over. But all are different so agrresiveness will be greater in some. I just threw in a whole beefheart and in a minute they took it all out. I have 13 caribe and 3 reds.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
cariba tend to have clear eyes where as reds have red eyes, apparently this is not always the case but on the whole correct.
also cariba have a more pronounced humeral spot but this can fade with age and also reds have been know to have slight humeral spots also.
dixon

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
GARGOYLE said:
your title is a bit confusing, but between reds and caribe, the biggest difference visually is the black humeral spot the caribes have. And with time you will also notice the aggresiveness of the caribes. Mine attack food first and eat the most. The reds will coming clean up once the mess is over. But all are different so agrresiveness will be greater in some. I just threw in a whole beefheart and in a minute they took it all out. I have 13 caribe and 3 reds.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I love the look of cariba. Mine are thicker than my nattereri and piraya. I dont notice them eating more than any other pygo, but I dont pay that much attention at feeding to see who is eating what.

And very impressive Gargoyle, but I would not recommend tossing in a whole heart, At least the ones I use. They have quite a bit of fat that fish do not digest, and all the blood would play hell with your water.

·
Registered
792 Posts
caribe, from my experience, are much more aggressive and usually instigate the feeding whereas reds just join in once the thing is dead. Caribe will fight more and be much more active. They get about the same length but caribe are much more thick. They also have a much bigger appetite.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hmmm....
thanks guys for your input..
i just wanted to no a little more about this fish everyone is talking about..

i guess im just bored of the same old shape (gold piranha, red belly, caribe, Manueli (he gets real bug so he is o.k.)

Im just a Rhom kinda guy.
They are the bomb.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.