Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my 5 rbp's wont eat. at first i was trying the whole starvation method to get them to eat in front of me. i would put in a goldfish and if they didn't eat it within 10 minutes i'de take it out and retry later, but this morning i felt bad because i know they havn't eaten anything in about a week so i threw in a nice big fat goldfish. when i got home from work 8 hours later it was still alive, not even a nipped fin. i think somethings seriously wrong. someone please help!

· Registered
246 Posts
man thats really weird cuz mine eat crazy as long as im not directly in front of the tank or the lights arent on... i mean theyve killed 30 feeders in three days or so but ive had them for like 4 months...how long have u have you had yours?? all i can suggest is turn the lights off and let them be as long as your not just standing directly in front of the tank and all that they should eat thats weird srry i couldnt help more

· Registered
244 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i've had mine for probly about a month now, and they're fair size (5-6"). the water is warm (82F) and the lights are pretty dim on their tank and all the other lights are off i the room anyways during the day when im at work

· Registered
246 Posts
only thing i forgot to add is that mine ate at first at night time but only when i first got them after a while they started eating ealier and earlier so maybe you just need to stay away from the front of the tank at night..i have my tank paralell to my bed so i can see it at night that jsut might be the problem cuz these are not fish who you can sit in front of a watch f*ck sh*t up like jaws but thats the hard an real truth of piranhas...they are very careful fish and will make sure that the fish is a prey not a predator

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.