Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Slim Diggler
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is my P's rubbing against stuff normal? They dont do it alot but maybe once or twice a day that I have seen them is it normal?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Slim said:
Is my P's rubbing against stuff normal? They dont do it alot but maybe once or twice a day that I have seen them is it normal?
[snapback]891476[/snapback]​
Might be nothing, but watch closely.
Usually when fish rub against things its a sign that they have some sort of external parasite. Keep an eye out especially for clamped fins or white spots (cysts - three dimensional growths around a parasite, if many small ones, it could be ick).

·
Slim Diggler
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They have had ick before but when they did the only way I noticed they had ick was their eyes got cloudy no visible white spots ever, but they have been fighting lately

·
Registered
1,417 Posts
Are they rubbing the glass or your decorations? If it is either and they are a redbelly then you will be fine. Reds always do this, it happens to everybody.

·
Slim Diggler
1,946 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
kevinhaeb said:
Are they rubbing the glass or your decorations? If it is either and they are a redbelly then you will be fine. Reds always do this, it happens to everybody.
[snapback]891905[/snapback]​
Rubbing against decor. I didnt know cause when they had ick they rubbed all the time

·
Hello Everybody!
2,049 Posts
There are many reasons why a fish flashes... a simple itch, changing water parameters, dislodging food from the gills, parasites, etc. If it's occasional and not rubbing violently against objects, I wouldn't worry about it. Just keep your eyes out for another ich outbreak.

·
Registered
1,333 Posts
Normally when a fish is developing Ick it jumps really quickly and rubs its side against something.
Although my Oscar use to do that and never developed Ick, he doesn't do it anymore though.

·
Hello Everybody!
2,049 Posts
Pretty easy... You can usually see small white spots on the fins along with them being on the body.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts