Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So on advise I got from this forum I went out today and bought some plants, and a hunk of drift wood. It's not much but 20 bucks in plants to give them some cover. Well the knuckle heads are eating the plants now! ( wondering if they are Pacus instead J/K) I guess they have never seen plants and have to try it out and see how they taste. I hope they stop eating them though. I did drop some feeders in to distract them from the plants for now. Leaves floating every where now. So I guess there not eating them but biting and spiting the peices out.

Is this comon?

·
Registered
253 Posts
in my tank i now only use hair grass and amazon swordplants they seem to leave those alone but they tore the hell out of that "cabomba" plant and it was a mess for weeks

·
Registered
2,140 Posts
Plants like cabomba are bound to make a mess of your tank, considering the fact that they are usually very flimsy and half-dead when you buy them.

I stick with grasses and swordplants in my tanks, and all my natts do is hide in them.

·
Go Bucks!
3,164 Posts
I use to have swords, but they would last only a few weeks. My Tern would chew them up and they were always floating in the tank.

Its very usually for them to eat plants.

·
"Bruce Lee" the Legend
5,194 Posts
Dasmopar said:
So on advise I got from this forum I went out today and bought some plants, and a hunk of drift wood. It's not much but 20 bucks in plants to give them some cover. Well the knuckle heads are eating the plants now! ( wondering if they are Pacus instead J/K) I guess they have never seen plants and have to try it out and see how they taste. I hope they stop eating them though. I did drop some feeders in to distract them from the plants for now. Leaves floating every where now. So I guess there not eating them but biting and spiting the peices out.

Is this comon?
[snapback]897510[/snapback]​
Yes it is pretty normal. I tried live plants in my tanks, but it never worked out. They even tear up the fake plants that I have in there now.

·
Registered
463 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They seem to have lost intrest in the plants now. They do like swiming through them and hanging around near them. I wish I would have made a point to remember the names of them. I know one is a Amazon sword. Plus I have 2 other plant types in there with them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts