Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Piranha pic

15K views 53 replies 26 participants last post by  nilocg 
#1 ·
anyone have a larger pic of this Rhom close up? All I can find is this small one......thanks

See less See more
#4 ·
Juggalo Posted Today, 02:34 PM
anyone have a larger pic of this Rhom close up? All I can find is this small one......thanks
FYI, David M. Schleser does not take kindly to his photo (the one you have attached here) being displayed without his credit. The fish is a wild caught.
I found the pic on a google piranha pic search---there were no credits to give. I really admire the pic, and have seen it bigger somewhere, and just wanted to see it big and up close again, that's all. No need to get all uppity about it--I am not using it to my credit, or using it for any reason other than to admire it.

#3 ·
I dont understand why people need to take credit for everything they have done. It is a sweet pic i dont think everytime someone shows it they should have to metion the person name, but thats just me id let anyone use pics that ive takeing.

#11 ·
Juggalo Posted Today, 05:30 PM
QUOTE(hastatus @ Aug 5 2006, 03:42 PM)

FYI, David M. Schleser does not take kindly to his photo (the one you have attached here) being displayed without his credit. The fish is a wild caught.

I found the pic on a google piranha pic search---there were no credits to give. I really admire the pic, and have seen it bigger somewhere, and just wanted to see it big and up close again, that's all. No need to get all uppity about it--I am not using it to my credit, or using it for any reason other than to admire it.

Not getting "uppity" just letting you know that David takes his photography serious as he runs a photograph business and has gone after people for using and/or stealing his photos without giving proper credit.

a-ronn Posted Today, 04:05 PM
I dont understand why people need to take credit for everything they have done. It is a sweet pic i dont think everytime someone shows it they should have to metion the person name, but thats just me id let anyone use pics that ive takeing.
I'll pass on your remarks on to David, I'm sure he would be interested in reading this.

#29 · (Edited by Moderator)

Not getting "uppity" just letting you know that David takes his photography serious as he runs a photograph business and has gone after people for using and/or stealing his photos without giving proper credit.

I'll pass on your remarks on to David, I'm sure he would be interested in reading this.
I'm doing nothing wrong nor criminal--so bring it!!!!! I love pricks like you--the world is crawling with them!!! You are a miserable person, and you get off on bringing people down with you--loser. Contact him--or give me the info, and I will contact him myself!!! Let's do this!!!

#15 ·
Because Dave and I are friends. He looks out for OPEFE and I look out for Natures Images.

a-ronn Posted Today, 10:02 PM
Sounds good to me. Also if he found the pic on google and there was noone to give credit to what do you want the guy to do ?
Exactly why Dave goes after people that are stealing his photo work. He's a professional photographer and that is stealing art work. It is copyrighted images. So while he may not take any action on you, the fact that the rhombeus image is being circulated on the internet without his approval or credit is enough for him to find out who is doing it. Just so you know some history. There was a web site owned by a fellow who called himself GuClu back in the early 90s. Some of the old timers (ie; Wayne Mah = 911) will remember him. Anyway this boy used the very same image as his HOME PAGE. Dave got wind of it and not only shut the kid's web site down but also I helped in notifying other scientists that their photos were also being stolen and being used without credit and/or permission. It is indeed a serious matter, so you must be careful on this. With OPEFE images, I tend not to care too much if they appear here at PFURY, being that I support this forum, however that is not the case outside of PFURY if someone takes my photos and uses them without credit or a link.

#41 ·
Because Dave and I are friends. He looks out for OPEFE and I look out for Natures Images.

a-ronn Posted Today, 10:02 PM
Sounds good to me. Also if he found the pic on google and there was noone to give credit to what do you want the guy to do ?
Exactly why Dave goes after people that are stealing his photo work. He's a professional photographer and that is stealing art work. It is copyrighted images. So while he may not take any action on you, the fact that the rhombeus image is being circulated on the internet without his approval or credit is enough for him to find out who is doing it. Just so you know some history. There was a web site owned by a fellow who called himself GuClu back in the early 90s. Some of the old timers (ie; Wayne Mah = 911) will remember him. Anyway this boy used the very same image as his HOME PAGE. Dave got wind of it and not only shut the kid's web site down but also I helped in notifying other scientists that their photos were also being stolen and being used without credit and/or permission. It is indeed a serious matter, so you must be careful on this. With OPEFE images, I tend not to care too much if they appear here at PFURY, being that I support this forum, however that is not the case outside of PFURY if someone takes my photos and uses them without credit or a link.
What's the big deal with removing the photographers name? I mean, for those who has websites who steals pictures, why can't they just leave the credited photographers name on the picture, and they won't have to get into trouble?

Anyways; If I'd taken that picture of that rhom, I'd also probably copyrighted it :nod:

#16 ·
I did not know that it is such a big deal. I thought it was only if someone used to make a profit off of the picture. My friend is a professional photographer as well and he has his copyright on or below all of his pictures, but if it is not there I thought it was fair game. Thanks for clearing that up for me.

#26 ·
I did not know that it is such a big deal. I thought it was only if someone used to make a profit off of the picture. My friend is a professional photographer as well and he has his copyright on or below all of his pictures, but if it is not there I thought it was fair game. Thanks for clearing that up for me.:laugh:
Well, you need not argue why it is a big deal here...argue with the Supreme Court. When someone creates an artistic image it belongs to them...thats why there are those little watermarks on images..because that is their property.

Maybe if I came over and took your car, and said, "whats the big deal...I just used it for an hour" you might understand!

#20 ·
a-ronn Posted Today, 10:56 PM
Well i know if he found the pic on google and it was not credited to anyone then cant do much to him. On the other hand the orignal person who stole could be in some trouble.
Its quite common for stolen images that the credit is cut off or photo shopped out of it. I've had my photos stolen that way in the past. That's why I closely monitor through Google the images on piranhas. If I see my photos on any site without credit, link or permission, I send them an email. Usually the offender adds the credit and most apologize with the image being removed. That is sufficient for me.

#27 ·
Well i know if he found the pic on google and it was not credited to anyone then cant do much to him. On the other hand the orignal person who stole could be in some trouble.
Its quite common for stolen images that the credit is cut off or photo shopped out of it. I've had my photos stolen that way in the past. That's why I closely monitor through Google the images on piranhas. If I see my photos on any site without credit, link or permission, I send them an email. Usually the offender adds the credit and most apologize with the image being removed. That is sufficient for me.
When I enlarged it I added a photo credit onto it, hope that helps a little bit

#22 · (Edited by Moderator)
aww a picture is a picture,,,,,,,,! who should realy give a sh*t if some kids is telling his buddys {hey look at this cool piranha,,}.. i can see yes if he is a big artist and he work has been copyed and sold for top dollor...if he didint want his sh*t copyed he could have left it in his house ware no one could see it but him. then he could feel great a bout his pics all day,,p.s. dont front iam just tellin it how it is,,!

#28 ·
Tinkerbelle Posted Today, 10:22 AM
QUOTE(hastatus @ Aug 6 2006, 07:44 AM)

When I enlarged it I added a photo credit onto it, hope that helps a little bit
You did a good thing.

#32 ·
Juggalo Posted Today, 11:04 AM
QUOTE(AKSkirmish @ Aug 6 2006, 10:46 AM)

Sorry frank-This is just hilarious

It is sad really. I was merely doing a google search on piranha images and saw that one, and thought it was neat, and wanted to see it up close and bigger. His name was not on it or anything--I had no idea who took it, I just thought it was neat and would like to see it bigger, that is all. Again, I am doing nothing wrong, other then admiring a nice picture. Geez man, people always have to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Juggalo Posted Today, 10:43 AM
QUOTE(hastatus @ Aug 5 2006, 09:13 PM)

I'm doing nothing wrong nor criminal--so bring it!!!!! I love pricks like you--the world is crawling with them!!! You are a miserable person, and you get off on bringing people down with you--loser. Contact him--or give me the info, and I will contact him myself!!! Let's do this!!!

Sorry little boy, I'm not GAy, are you?
Read my signature line, evidently you have a problem with reading what my responses were. And while you are at it, go read PFURY rules on attacking members. If you need help with comprehension skills, I'm more than willing to help.

#34 ·
Juggalo Posted Today, 11:04 AM
QUOTE(AKSkirmish @ Aug 6 2006, 10:46 AM)

Sorry frank-This is just hilarious

It is sad really. I was merely doing a google search on piranha images and saw that one, and thought it was neat, and wanted to see it up close and bigger. His name was not on it or anything--I had no idea who took it, I just thought it was neat and would like to see it bigger, that is all. Again, I am doing nothing wrong, other then admiring a nice picture. Geez man, people always have to make a mountain out of a molehill.
Juggalo Posted Today, 10:43 AM
QUOTE(hastatus @ Aug 5 2006, 09:13 PM)

Sorry little boy, I'm not GAy, are you?
Read my signature line, evidently you have a problem with reading what my responses were. And while you are at it, go read PFURY rules on attacking members. If you need help with comprehension skills, I'm more than willing to help.
what's the little boy gay thing you put in my quote? I never said that.... are you nuts? What's your case?

#36 ·
Why anyone would get pissed over this argument is beyond me. Why cant you just take this as a learning experience and move on? I also think you all took Franks comments out of context....or at least differnt then I interpreted them.
I dont see where Frank said anything about you stealing the picture...I believe he was referring to the fact that you found the picture doing a google search and there was no credit given by the source.

Believe me...it pisses you off when people use your pictures and dont either ask for permission or give you credit. I have found my pictures used to advertise for online fish sellers and even though I am not a professional or make any money for pictures...it still pissed me off because it took me forever with my shitty camera to get a decent picture and then someone just takes it and claims it as their own......very frustrating.

#37 ·
Why anyone would get pissed over this argument is beyond me. Why cant you just take this as a learning experience and move on? I also think you all took Franks comments out of context....or at least differnt then I interpreted them.
I dont see where Frank said anything about you stealing the picture...I believe he was referring to the fact that you found the picture doing a google search and there was no credit given by the source.

Believe me...it pisses you off when people use your pictures and dont either ask for permission or give you credit. I have found my pictures used to advertise for online fish sellers and even though I am not a professional or make any money for pictures...it still pissed me off because it took me forever with my shitty camera to get a decent picture and then someone just takes it and claims it as their own......very frustrating.
I understand man, I really do. I got mad, I felt I was being attacked, and I said things I shouldn't have. I already apologized to him privately. I also sent him the link to the pic "with no credit".

However, I do still want to know why he put "Sorry little boy, I'm not GAy, are you?" at the end of my quote!!!?? I never said that, where did that come from, and why?

#44 ·
However, I do still want to know why he put "Sorry little boy, I'm not GAy, are you?" at the end of my quote!!!?? I never said that, where did that come from, and why?
Juggalo, read the highlited portion of your text that I cite. It was a meant as a joke on the remark that YOU LOVE PRICKS.:laugh:
Aahhh--gotcha! You are a clever one I must say!!

#43 · (Edited by Moderator)
Being a photographer is a tough business if no-one recognises your work. its not just solely because of the "credit" but the fact that if someone sees that picure or any picture for that matter and decides to get in touch with the photographer eg to ask to take photos for them then your income and liveleyhood could be stake if people do not respect the fact that the person who took it might not just be uploading it for something to look at but maybe even and advertisation of his work. no matter how good or innocent the intentions are the fact is this guy may be relying on his photos to make himself know and to be succesful .............

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.