Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 147 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
oscars are not found in the natural envirnment.
hastatus:
Thanks for your question. Feeding live fish is never a good choice only from the problem of introducing disease or parasites to your piranha. No one can "guarantee" the live feeders are safe. The closest to natural foods for piranhas are small tetras (characins) and some South American cichlids (Astronotus sp).

I would not feed trout because the potential mercury problems if it is wild caught (frozen as well). The list you have seems to be sufficient and with perhaps adding the common earth worm would indeed be good advice. Best colors derive from Carotene laced foods (found in the shell of shrimp).
This is Frank's answer in www.piranhalar.com from TURKEY.
He said that South american chiclids (astronotus)

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
oscars are not found in the natural envirnment
i thought they were competitors in the wild.
sorry I was thinking of another type of cichlid.

to stay on subject.

The oscar or the Astronotus ocellatus are indeed found were some piranhas thrive. this includes the Amazon and Orinoco River Basins - Argentina, Brazil, Colombia, French Guiana, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay, and Venezuela

sorry for the misterpritation

·
Registered
633 Posts
They are very aggresive.
Congrads.

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
kind of a waste, the oscar was a little to big IMO

·
Caribe > Any Other Piranha
6,351 Posts
i hope u didnt make that video that oscar didnt deserve that
This is your idea.
I want my piranhas to feel in the nature. Therefore I like feed my piranhas with oscar.
[/quote]

Come over here, My lion needs to feel Nature too, i want to feed u to him..

seriously.

And next time u wanna do stupid sh*t like that, atleast get a Oscar that ur piranhas can fully finish, u wasted an awsome fish for no reason.

·
Registered
4,986 Posts
I don't think you should do that again with such a beautiful fish. I don't recomend any live fish because they main contain parasite.

and if you do, I don't think It would be wise posting it up again :nod:

·
Registered
424 Posts
i hope u didnt make that video that oscar didnt deserve that
This is your idea.
I want my piranhas to feel in the nature. Therefore I like feed my piranhas with oscar.
[/quote]

Come over here, My lion needs to feel Nature too, i want to feed u to him..

seriously.

And next time u wanna do stupid sh*t like that, atleast get a Oscar that ur piranhas can fully finish, u wasted an awsome fish for no reason.
[/quote]

You should be ashamed! That wasnt cool it was pointless. If you done the same video with 1 of your fish and that oscar would it have the same outcome????........i doubt it with the size difference.

That oscar had a slow and painfull death it was a little out of order!

I am not against feeder fish so i shouldnt be such a hippocrit but...... it didnt look to fun in my eyes.

DAWGZ How is your lion cohab going is the rhom still alive haha

·
Registered
2,177 Posts
I'd rather watch your P's chew on the owners hand then waste a nice fish like that. If you want them to feel like they are in the wild add some predators that eat P's that'll make feel right at home.

1 - 20 of 147 Posts