Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For those of you unaware, I'm conducting a small test on pirana ID with dead specimens. Click here: Identify this pirana

Everyone (unless of course you are banned) is invited to try and ID these two fish.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sir Nathan XXI Posted on Apr 10 2003, 07:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tip number one take better pictures
Doubt it would help you Nate, besides your banned from Piranha Science because of your insolent behavior. If I were you (which TG I'm not), I would just sit quietly and allow others that want to learn, learn.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
hastatus said:
Sir Nathan XXI Posted on Apr 10 2003, 07:56 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
tip number one take better pictures
Doubt it would help you Nate, besides your banned from Piranha Science because of your insolent behavior. If I were you (which TG I'm not), I would just sit quietly and allow others that want to learn, learn.
It was a simple suggestion so people can see them better, they are very fuzy, you didnt have to cry about it

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Bola Posted on Apr 10 2003, 08:24 PM
First pic S. marginatus.
The "V" like is found in S. marginatus is accurate, but is not this species. Good try.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nyquil Posted on Apr 10 2003, 08:22 PM
1) i was gonna guess brandtii also, but its not soooo.... ill guess manuelli (totally random btw)
2)no idea
The "V" in manueli is accurate and this species has it, but not this species. Good try.

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bola Posted on Apr 10 2003, 08:30 PM
S. medinai - Pretty soon I'm going to run out of guesses Frank.
No, not S. medinai.

The test as given serves two purposes, one which Nate touched on (though he intellectually didn't get it) was to illustrate the difficulty in telling what species are shown by quality of photograph whether good or bad. The other part is identifying a species by its ontogeny. That is another clue.

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,504 Posts
Great test, Frank!!!
Another step in helping us with knowledge of different P. Looking forward to the next!!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts