Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Im new to Piranha-fury and im a keeper. i love this site. i have a Dovii right now and im thinking of buying a 50 gallon tank for about 5-6 piranhas? does that sound good? well sites say red bellys cant be together because they will eat each other and i see red bellys not eating each other on this site on the videos. can i get some info what i should get? thanks guys looking foward to read your replys

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
Welcome to forum.

1. RB Piranha's CAN live together with some unpredicatble problems. Most do fine. You just never know.

2. 5-6 piranhas in a 50 gallon will not work. It will be fine for a short time, but you'll definatley have to upgrade. A good rule of thumb is 20-25 gallons per piranha for life.

Good luck. Do some searching around on this board before you purchase any. It will save you time, money and headaches.

·
Registered
1,595 Posts
Welcome to the site.

A 50g will not be enough for 5-6 fish, although i have seen a few members keep 7 or 8 rbps in a 55g.

RBPs grow extremely quick. I think 3 would do fine in a 50 for a while. eventually you would have to upgrade if aggression got to be a problem.

Most users on here will tell you from their experience that bigger is better, but each to their own.

·
Registered
89 Posts
i want to have a good size group so what size tank should i get for 4-6 rbp? 100g? and is there any good sites with prices on tanks? store around here will even charge a 10g for 200 bux its a rip off...thanks for quick replys

·
Registered
45 Posts
4-6 RBP's you'll need between 75g (for 4) and 100-115 for 6. Try to keep it around 20 gallons per Piranha, although once you get into larger tanks you can scale it down a little.

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
Please remember, don't take the gallon rule to far. Some people might think of I have a 100 gallon tall tank, which most of the tank won't be used. Piranhas are more of a bottom dwelling fish, look for good dimensions such as Longer Length and Width instead of Height.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts