Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i got 4 baby rbs about 2 weeks ago a week before i bought the other 2 i had 2 and they were fighting bad...so i got another to to even it out and they quit fighting but the big one started fighting with the new ones... the big on i mean about .5 to 1" bigger than the other 4...i got home today to find a head in my tank of the medium sized piranha..there were 3 feeders still swimming around and have been in there about 2 weeks now and they dont fight with them....what is the deal with this? should i take the big one out? i feed the thing 3 times a day...????? i dont get it! i will put the pic of the head on tonght =)

·
Registered
192 Posts
bad piranha, stupid piranha

shibby happens with these fish, I dont think YOU are doing anything wrong. If he keeps it up with the others it may need a little schooling,,

say,, with a few 10-12" ternetzi, that will cool his jets,, or just leave his head, or not

·
Registered
601 Posts
Ron Posted on Jun 4 2003, 06:07 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
bad piranha, stupid piranha

shibby happens with these fish, I dont think YOU are doing anything wrong. If he keeps it up with the others it may need a little schooling,,

say,, with a few 10-12" ternetzi, that will cool his jets,, or just leave his head, or not
Agreed... That's humour. But yeah, I doubt your doing anything wrong. I'm sure you've heard many times that every fish behaves differently.

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
p's are very canibalistic at those sizes its just unlucky it has happened to you
good luck with the rest of them
dixon

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
P's usually go through the ritual to show dominance towards an other Ps in the same tank. If he squashed whatever he had with the previous one, he would most def flex against the new ones to show whos boss.

·
Registered
237 Posts
i dont get it! [/QUOTE]

yeh, sometimes theres nothing to really "get" with these fish.sometimes i have a good day. sometimes i have a bad day. sometimes i cant poop. other days i have diarhea. it's nature.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya but u get diariah because you ate something wrong or u are sad....and you have a bad day usually because alot of things go wrong.....

guess he just had a bad day heh

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
Just dont ever be surprised on what happens in your tank. These guys are unpredictable, and purchasing one, automatically tells you the consequences of having these fish.

·
Registered
237 Posts
well i dont think it gets mch worse than having your entire body devoured aside from your head
im jjust saying, that you cant always control or expect piranhas to act any certain way. they are after all "wild animals" and sometimes there petty squables turn into fights to the death.

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Sorry to hear that, better luck next time!

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
I dont think it is a matter of having one piranha that is overly aggresive, I feel it is more based towards a certain fish that the other do not tolerate due to whatever reason. possibly some defect. This would not be the first time I have seen all of a shoal pic on one particular fish. Just watch some at the LFS next time and ovserve their behaviors

·
Registered
18 Posts
When they are that young, it is survival of the fittest. To avoid them from eating each other. Feed them well, having feeder is not feeding it well. They need food that is small enough they can bite into. Feed them frozen bloodworm or beefheart to start. Next is to provide them some hidden place.

·
Registered
1,182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
feed em 3 times a day with shrimp and beef heart.... and he strikes again....now i am taking him out and he will go in his own 10 gallon! dunno why this guy is like this but this time i watch him and i didnt have time to stop him

1 - 13 of 13 Posts