Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
"The Video Pimp"
1,401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Attention Piranha Fury Members

Piranha Fury is trying to make a DVD that will be made up of videos made by the members of this board. There will also be sections for the picture of the month winners. Also sections for piranha information, somewhat like the fact sheets we have now accept on DVD. This is going to be a real DVD with menus and all that fun stuff.

If you would like your video to be on the DVD please submit it to me then we will decide what videos we are going to use and what we are not. If you submit your video you are giving us permition to use it in the DVD in anyway we want.

We would like the best quality versions you have of your videos because it will be a DVD and look much better with better quality movies. Also along with you video submition we would like information about you and your tank for the DVD credits.

Thank you for your time and I look forward to any and all video submitions.

Contact me through PM or Email

ICQ = 97508770
MSN = [email protected]
AIM = Crosbass2003

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
I spoke with Corz about one of the compatability issues already but that reminds me of the other

DVDs arent 100% compatable with all players, especially with PC DVD burners
then you have different video formats for europeans

·
Registered
158 Posts
If I may add my 2 cents, to get the best video quality for making DVD movies, the source of the video should be in AVI uncompressed format with resolution set to 720 X 360 otherwise u gonna get mosaic effect in the movie.

It would be even better to use digital video recorder to take the movie in the first place. And I noticed a lot of movies posted here were either taken by a Hi 8 or a webcam. Plus they're in MPEG 3 layer vid/aud format, on of the most efficient compression method second to that MPEG 4 a.k.a DiVX ;-) . In another word, DVD movies are only as good as the video source they're made of.

As u prob already know, uncompressed AVIs files are HUGE ASS!. 10x if not more of that max compressed mpegs.

As for the compatibility issues, DVDs can acually be set to "All region" forrmat so everybody can watch it.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
BiteMeNipMe said:
If I may add my 2 cents, to get the best video quality for making DVD movies, the source of the video should be in AVI uncompressed format with resolution set to 720 X 360 otherwise u gonna get mosaic effect in the movie.

It would be even better to use digital video recorder to take the movie in the first place. And I noticed a lot of movies posted here were either taken by a Hi 8 or a webcam. Plus they're in MPEG 3 layer vid/aud format, on of the most efficient compression method second to that MPEG 4 a.k.a DiVX ;-) . In another word, DVD movies are only as good as the video source they're made of.

As u prob already know, uncompressed AVIs files are HUGE ASS!. 10x if not more of that max compressed mpegs.

As for the compatibility issues, DVDs can acually be set to "All region" forrmat so everybody can watch it.
BiteMeNipMe is the resident Pfury video and GFX Expert!

·
Skankzilla
18,320 Posts
hey,

i have a canon elura 2 mini-dv digital camcorder. when i took a 5 minute video (perfect quality), it took up way too much space, so i had to lower the quality and still it was about 33 mbs for 3 minutes of video. i'd suggest taking out sound to lower the mbs, then send it to the people and let them add the music. also if anyone is around columbus, i'm staying in upper arlington for the summer if you would like to borrow the camcorder. email me if u want. i dont have the software to edit videos though.

peace

·
Registered
147 Posts
I am all for it too.....

But, aren't video files too large to send over the internet?
It would take a long time to upload, and download......

BTW, what files format do you prefer, MPEG, AVI, .........

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.