Piranhas Forum banner
41 - 60 of 63 Posts

· Registered
811 Posts
i feel smart now !!

· Registered
10 Posts
Great post .. yes indeed. I just got 12 Red Belly baby Piranha and I'm surprised at the lack of knowledge that local fish stores have regarding how to feed these babies...

Can you offer any advice on what to feed baby Piranha?? They are only about 1 inch in length...

Thanks,

LD

· Registered
146 Posts
Awsome report, thanks alot. I started feeding my pygos cyclid gold pellets when they were young and I think they got hooked on it. what can i do to prevent this and how can i get them to start eating different fish other than starving them and risking loosing some of them?

· Registered
23 Posts
Question for B.Scott or anyone else... I don't live near the oceans and getting fresh fish cheap is not easy. If I were to catch some bass or bluegill, filet them and keep them frozen in the fridge would the meat off those be a good source of food or not? Also does anyone know of a distributer for golf fish or a website that I can find one. I want to set up a tank to feed my feeders pellets and flakes but it is rediculous to buy them at the pet shop for $1.44 a dozen?

· Registered
44 Posts
Question for B.Scott or anyone else... I don't live near the oceans and getting fresh fish cheap is not easy. If I were to catch some bass or bluegill, filet them and keep them frozen in the fridge would the meat off those be a good source of food or not? Also does anyone know of a distributer for golf fish or a website that I can find one. I want to set up a tank to feed my feeders pellets and flakes but it is rediculous to buy them at the pet shop for $1.44 a dozen?
Frozen foods are good for piranhas cause it contains no diseases and has least possibility of giving your fish disease and injury.

Check the feeding forum topics.

· Registered
893 Posts
Wow, I keep getting conflicting information about beefheart from books and forums. It makes sense though that its not part of its natural diet. I'm kinda bummed because beefheart is so damn cheap at Winco its ridiculous. Oh well, I can always make it a small part of the gelatin mixture. Is squid an appropriate food? Where would it fall? As a food that can be fed more regularly than beefheart?

· HENRY
6,638 Posts
SeeingRedAgain said:
I'm completely stumped now... If beefheart should not be a regular food, what am I supposed to give my baby reds? They're under 1.5 inches and are not big enough to eat other fish yet... I've been giving brine shrimp and beefheart...

[snapback]1194848[/snapback]​
blood worms
krill

41 - 60 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.