Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I've noticed two of my baby rbp's doing a sort of "dance" with each other, going around in circles and rubbing up against each other.

It doesnt look agressive, so is it some sort of mating ritual??????

Thanks

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
yes they will circle each other when mating... but if they are "babies" as you say then they wont be ready for this and it is a territorial dispute.
how big are they?

·
Registered
527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
indeed! I agree

Cant wait to get them to a larger size and in a bigger tank- then i expect they'll get all terratorial and furious!!!!!!!!

·
OPEFE
10,249 Posts
Not dancing at all...could it be territorial disputes or just playing around!

·
I Have No Fish but I Have Japanese Girls On My Ava
18,487 Posts
At such a young age and sixze, your Ps are still considered to be babies and just doing normal "aggressive" juvenile actions. Even at young age, Ps become territorial and will most def play and fight to find dominance within the group. As stated 5-7" are the stage when P's enter maturity, plus when most body spots disappear.
Other signs of simple mating vs. fighting gestures/comparisons can be closely seen by acts of territorial space, dancing, colorations and paired off couples.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.