Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,

I know this has been discussed before but didn't see anything recent.

I'm curious how people have found trying to keep piranha in community tanks. I've read both ways and decided to give it a try.

I moved some of my shrimp in with some black neon and silver tipped tetras. Currently on week 2 with no losses and no interest from the 4 RBP. The Ps seem more interested in destroying thier plants than in the other fish.

Pleasant surprise for me.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I kept a 10-11" diamond rhom in a community tank for a couple years, being heavily planted was my key, I had dozens of cherry shrimp. A few dozen Lemon, neon and other tetras and a whiptail catfish. There were occasional loses but it was an incredible experience. Pics are from early on. (90 gall looks so tiny, I've
Plant Terrestrial plant Organism Grass Aquatic plant

Plant Water Organism Underwater Fin

Plant Plant community Terrestrial plant Organism Vegetation

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I kept a 10-11" diamond rhom in a community tank for a couple years, being heavily planted was my key, I had dozens of cherry shrimp. A few dozen Lemon, neon and other tetras and a whiptail catfish. There were occasional loses but it was an incredible experience. Pics are from early on. (90 gall looks so tiny, I've View attachment 218847
View attachment 218848
View attachment 218846
Amazing looking tank!
Glad to hear it's not just me lol. They look great in and amongst all that life.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts