Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
is it more common for little caribes to fight then bigger ones. i have some 3 inch caribe and they always bite each other, but the big ones(6") just hang out. i feed the little ones every day and everytime i come home they are always beat up more. any suggestions on what i can do? or is this normal and i should expect to lose some? thanks

·
AQHU RULES
4,609 Posts
i would have thought that the 3" caribe are trying to establish some sort of pecking order in thier little group................just make sure you have plenty of iding spots and aybe drop the temp a couple of degrees, around 78,,,,, and keep them fed well

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks. i will try dropping the temp. it seems they pick on the smallest one the most. the biggest one has nothing missing on him. thanks

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
It is natural behavior for piranha to be more cannibalistic when they are small. So as stated above, they are more than likely trying to set a hierarchy in each's status.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
What is the size of the tank you are housing the Caribas in? Maybe the tank is too small and the smaller Caribas are getting picked on.

Why don't you give us some specs on your tank set up to see how we can help you.

Hater

1 - 5 of 5 Posts