Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi, i have a friend that has a piranha, and im thinking about buying it off him, on of my friends told me that they are illegal in CA. what should i do? i really want one.

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
buy it anyway, im keeping piranha's and there illegal in my state too

·
Registered
492 Posts
nitrofish said:
buy it anyway, im keeping piranha's and there illegal in my state too
I agree get it anyway I live in New york, or buy one off the internet, Some people sell to illegal states thats how I got mine or the ones I had

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
i live in cali.order through the net.search through the buy and sell section see if you find something (wink wink)

G

·
i live in cali too, and yes they are illegal but if you look closely enough you will see that there are alot of ways you can get yourself some piranhas... i don't think you should buy it off of him, what i think you should do is find yourself a piranha hookup and buy like 6.... and then show your friend and look at the expression on his face... hahah :D

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
I think the rule is its illegal to own them in california, but its legal to sell them to someone in ca. as long as the purchace was in a legal state. but most people don't want to risk it just in case

·
5 TIME CHAMPS
19,142 Posts
they are illegal period.buy and sell

·
Registered
105 Posts
They are illegal in CA. If you buy him and get caught all they'll do is probably take the piranha and fine you. You won't get caught though unless you tell a DNR guy or someone like that that you have one.

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
I live in Colorado were its legal to own and sell Piranha but I'm gonna be leaving soon 1year and I think me and my friends are gonna take a trip to vegas or Cali soon to live Im gonna smuggle them in. And it's not like they check anyways......

·
Registered
585 Posts
I think states that have trouble with that should just require people to register there fish, And if it dies bring whats left of it, I know there would be trouble with fish having kids, but theres got to be a better way then just saying no!

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
i dont let the state get in my WAY

·
Registered
14,961 Posts
froogle Posted Today, 01:05 PM
i dont let the state get in my WAY
piranhaperson Posted Today, 12:07 PM
I think states that have trouble with that should just require people to register there fish, And if it dies bring whats left of it, I know there would be trouble with fish having kids, but theres got to be a better way then just saying no!
Sangre_Roja Posted Today, 10:51 AM
I live in Colorado were its legal to own and sell Piranha but I'm gonna be leaving soon 1year and I think me and my friends are gonna take a trip to vegas or Cali soon to live Im gonna smuggle them in. And it's not like they check anyways......
You guys went to a lot of trouble to dig up this OLD POST.

·
Registered
1,743 Posts
hahaha i just know noticed damn this is OLD

1 - 15 of 15 Posts