Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well this is a prety well know pic of Mohamed Ali when he took down Sonny Liston. My father had it autographed by Ali for my Grandfather. Mohamed Ali suffers from parkinson disease, as did my Grandfather. When autographing the picture Ali froze up, as is common with parkinson disease and his signiture wasnt that great. He appolpgised to my dad and my father said "no appology is necessary and you should never feel like you owe one on behaf of your illness." He sad "my father has parkinson disease and I have see what you go through, thank you soo much. You are such an inspiration to my father, I cant thank you enough." Ali then stood and with a tear in his eye shook my father hand and asked him to wait for his medicine to take hold and that he would like to resign the picture and personalize it to my grandfather. And he did just that. The photograph was then presented to my grandpa, along with the story of why it is signed twice. My grandpa faught tears and was soo greatful.

Last Aug. my grandpa passed away. I was very close to him even though I lived hours away and miss him soo very much. I was given this picture from my father. Now I have it on my wall.

·
Registered
2,651 Posts
sad story, sorry to hear about your grandpa. you have gotta love stars like ali, when they are still kind to everoyne....i hate the ones that are full of themselves and feel that they cant communicate with "the little people." nice looking picture, whats the second part say, just "to _____ then muhammed ali?"

·
The Official Blacksheep of PFury!
1,931 Posts
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandfather, but that is one of the coolest stories I have ever heard. Get that insured and keep it on the wall for the rest of your life!

Awesome!

Jeffrey

·
Registered
5,295 Posts
Sorry to hear about your loss. That is a very cool and touching story. Its nice to hear that some of the most popular athletes can be really good people.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
I'll give you $8 for it...shipped.

Just kidding man, quite a story. Hang on to that baby

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
NOW that pic along with the story makes that frame on your WALL PRICELESS....

u should NEVER sell it .... make it a hierloom for your son and his sons etc etc...

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Thanks guys.
I would never think of getting rid of it, it is like you said ReDraGon->, priceless to me.

·
In Istanbul we won it 5 times!
5,612 Posts
Ive got that picture, not signed though, and a couple of others aswell.

I live just round the corner from an excellent membobilia shop, and they have an ali signed glove which I really want, its £750 though, about $1500! Also have a pele signed shirt for the same price!

·
Registered
4,366 Posts
PastorJeff said:
I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your Grandfather, but that is one of the coolest stories I have ever heard. Get that insured and keep it on the wall for the rest of your life!

Awesome!

Jeffrey
[snapback]928575[/snapback]​
I definately agree

DON'T ever sell it, and get it INSURED!!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts