Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 93 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just wanted to see some of you other favorite fish besides your Piranhas
I will start ...

... My Male Green Severum, With its threat colours in effect

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Okidoki, here we go:

Clown Pleco:

Striped Raphael Catfish:

Female Kribensis Cichlid:

Assortment of community fish (Neon, Rummy-Nosed, Glowlight,
Serpae and Emperor Tetras and Zebra Danio: don't pay attention to the dirty glass :
: ):

Whiptail Catfish:

7" Sailfin Pleco (bitten in half a couple of weeks after I took this pic: see the "Share the carnage" thread for the result
):

Fat-ass Spotted Raphael Catfish:

All this fish live and have lived in my redbelly tank. There are species I like a lot more than these guys, but I guess you mean favorite fish you own yourself, right? Otherwise, I would just pluck some pics from the net...
Well, that's all I have to share (for now
); enjoy!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Xenon said:
Judazzz, you truly have mad skillz with the camera!
Thanks for the compliment, X!

You know what, all I use is a cheap 1.3 MegaPixel Sony digicam, with a flashlight, a little zoom and a macro-setting for close-ups (bought it for just over 200 bucks, some 5 months ago). I guess this is proof one doesn't need an obscenely expensive high-tech camera to get some nice shots (although I wouldn't mind owning one of those babies
). All you need is a little patience and a bit of luck to shoot those one-of-a-kind pics...

Blade: that's some cool fish you have/had

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Blade said:
this is probably a hybrid....realy dont know what kind of species he is.....loved him in first sight! he is about 9-10" atm
That looks like MIDAS to me, or either a Midas/red devil mix
very nice though

·
"Tony Danza!"
574 Posts
Ha!....Blade and his fish...Sorry about letting it spill over here Xenon, it's just really irking me with this guy. Blade, please show me more of your beautiful fish. They're the best pics I've seen on the net!

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
I have recieved an email from the rightful owner of these pictures and have discovered you have stolen these pictures.

Congratulations Blade! You are the first person I have been forced to ban. Have a nice life.

This goes to everyone, when we ask you to "post pictures", please either make sure they are your own or cite the proper source for which you got them.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
I can't believe what a liar he was and the fact that he continued to lie about the lie he got caught in. What a d*ckhead. Way to go Xenon.

Joe

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Well, I think we shouldn't spoil this thread on Blade's immature behaviour:
there's another topic in the announcements-forum about Blade: I think that's a good place to post your 2 cents about the whole Blade-issue, and this a good place to post some cool non-piranha pics

Just my $0,02......

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glad to see the thread I started is tacked to the board, Keep the pics coming people, even if they are your 2nd favorite or so, as long as you still have high intrest in them then I am sure they are all great :smile:

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Innes said:
I think they are corydoras melini - False Bandit Catfish

http://www.jjphoto.dk/fish_archive/aquariu...oras_melini.htm

but their are other corydoras like this:
*Corydoras davidsandsi

http://www.notcatfish.com/findex/catfish/c...davidsandsi.htm

*Corydoras adolfoi

http://www.scotcat.com/factsheets/corydora...ras_adolfoi.htm
Thanks Innes, I kinda decided they were False Bandit Cories myself too.
I wrote down a couple of names from planetcatfish (the same ones you also wrote down, lol), and kept looking at those pics over and over, until a brainwave told me it was that species

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Nethius, your blue lobster is awesome!!! How long has it lived with your p's, does it hang out in that brick a lot?!

1 - 20 of 93 Posts