Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Frontosa King
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
getting a new manny soon, its on hold at the LFS im tading my 4 inch brandti in for 50 bucks and buying the manny for $70 plus tax which makes it come to $86.24 not bad for a manny IF infact it is a manny someone told me it might be a gouldingi so let me know what u guys think of the deal im getting and if its a manny gouldingi or eigenmanni im hoping for it to be a manny also if its not any one know if eigenmanni or goulidingi are more rare to have then a manny? thanks

· Registered
3,063 Posts
not a gouldingi, they dont have a humeral spot, plus evern if it was a gouldingi, you should be happy, caust a 4 in gouldingi would sell for like 150, seeing the 6 inchers sell for like 250, plus it would be much rarer than a manny.

· Frontosa King
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
apparently this fish is around the 7 inches mark........ i havent seen it i got a buddy closer to the store to go and take th pics and he said it is around 7 inches........ but the person who said its a gouldingi said that because it doesnt have any red on the gill plate at all

· In Istanbul we won it 5 times!
4,820 Posts
grosse gurke said:
Looks like a manuelli to me, but more like 4"-5". Cant be sure but he doesnt look that large.

Moved to P-ID
[snapback]852827[/snapback]​
Yup definitly only looks 5" max...I know its only from a pic but with Mannies you can really tell the different from them at 4-5" and when they are 7"+

· Registered
480 Posts
Is that in canadian prices?
If so, buy it no matter what it is, thats crazy cheap!

· Frontosa King
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
dont worry its now on hold in my name instead of my friends......... im selling him my 4" brandti for $50 cdn and then buying the manny for 70cdn plus tax........ i dont really care how big it really is im just glad to have a manny no matter what size it is cause they are my favourite of all piranha's and in my opinion they are the nicest looking too....... i dunno about its aggression level but at least its not hiding in any of the pics my friend took.......... unlike my brandti its always hiding on me
so im so glad im gettin the manny instead

thanks for all the help guys it has been greatly appreciated

· Registered
986 Posts
I have a manny too and for the first couple weeks they're gonna hide and eventually they reveal they're true aggression in awhile.Now he chases me around and my gf scared but quite frankly depends on the fish..its a manni not a gouldingi. Gouldingi has no humeral blotch with blue eyes and definitely looks smaller than mine and Judazz as well.My Manny has red gills already and its between 5-6" i believe yours around 4-5" . I am glad to know Manny is your favouriite and i am too but i bought mine in big als retail was 150 canadian and the guy gave me a deal including tax cost me 130

· Frontosa King
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
i am getting it from a lfs but its not a big als tho

· Frontosa King
7,861 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
finally got my manny and he is now in my tank and is about 5-5.5 inches they was 2 more but my friend bought one and the other one was about 3 inches but i didnt have the $ for it right now

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.