Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got these guys about a month ago. Very fun fish and lightning fast when they go after food. Its fun watching them dart all over the tank.

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
at the moment they're eating tubifex. I'll throw in a few guppies once in a while. Eventually, I'll start feeding them frozen shrimps.

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ace, the guy I ordered them from told me the tank he had them in was about 72 degrees so I kept my tank the same. So far, they seem pretty healthy so I guess its ok. Do you know if I should I lower the temp a little more? Any help or suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

· Registered
1,483 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
acestro said:
I'd guess so. It would help to know species and I'm no sculpin expert. If he's eating and not breathing too fast you might be okay, I'd just forget the heater altogether either way.
[snapback]853191[/snapback]​
I was going to remove the heater for good but I didnt want to risk doing it in the middle of winter and having the temp drop too rapidly and causing them shock. They're mottled sculpins ( cottus bairdi ).

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.