Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody with pics and if you had the same tank with sand even better! Im just curius to see the difference the dark substrate makes.

·
Registered
8,568 Posts
Check out the pic forum. There you will be able to see tons of different pics with light, dark, medium color substrates.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
Just an idea, but you may want to look into Soilmaster Select Charcoal... it is made by Lesco and you would have to order it from them... $16 for a 50lb bag which is enough to do a 75g tank. It has good color and my plants are growing better in it than anything else I have ever used... and I have spent $100's on eco-complete which just compacts down after a while and is a pain to deal with at times IMO.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
It is a dark grey type color... really once you get plants in it, I almost like the color better than eco-complete... and you are talking to someone who loves the color black (no, not goth, I just like the way it makes all other colors look). Plus for the price, you cant beat it... it was well over $100 worth of eco to do my 75g tank, for the Soilmaster it was $16... how can you go wrong for that price, and my plants are growing better in the Soilmaster than I have ever had any plants grow in eco.

·
Banned
4,315 Posts

·
Registered
400 Posts
I agree, your tanks are absolutely superb mate, very well done, a true aquascaped aquarium! I like these alot!

·
Registered
8,417 Posts
how much does the soil master coast to ship (order online to ship to canada)
because dippy also suggested using that for my tank

·
Banned
4,315 Posts
bioteach...how do you clean the gravel with the plants covering it all up?
I go around, directly overtop, and inbetween them. In a planted tank you don't want so much to clean the substrate, but to suck up what is on top of the substrate. Your plants will utilize what gets down in the substrate.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts