1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
it depends if you want to upgrade in the future. if not I would stick with 3

·
Registered
1,159 Posts
I would say you could also keep 4 in there comfortably but we need to keep them in odd numbers so 3 should do the trick ... get some dithers now in the tank with them while they grow up You can keep lamp eye tetras or black widow tetras in there pecefully a small shoal of them would make your tank do its justice if they will survive... I have seen it done, so it is possible :D

·
Registered
564 Posts
Yea, I'd put 5 or 6 in. I had three little baby red bellies. The two ate the smallest one and there were two left. After another few months, the bigger one at the smaller one, and I had one red belly. I'd get 5 or 6 because you can always upgrade or sell one.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I dont know what the dimentions of a 65 are so It is hard for me to answer that question. I think a large shoal looks great when they are small but when they start to grow larger, 8"+, I think it looks bad when they are in a small tank, especially a narrow tank. They dont have the room to show what they can do. I think it looks almost as bad as having a large pygo or serr in a 20 gallon. That is just my opinion.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
I would make your numbers up to 5 or 6, that way if they start to get a bit cramped you can always sell one or two.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts