Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
601 Posts
Well my 300g just finished cycling this morning so I figured i'd go and buy some live plants and then start movin the P's in. All went well as I planted some new plants and I now wanted to get my fish in there. My net (#2 this month) was pretty beat up so I figured I'd better use a bucket intstead. So I got one of my guys outa the 55g and in to the bucket and took him over to his new tank. Now here's where things get messy. My tank stand is just a normal cabinet stand that has all four sides so I can't see behind it from inside of it (sorry if that's confusing). I lifted up the pail to dump its contents into the tank and got about half the water out when Oh sh*t... the fish comes flying outa the bucket... hits the wall behind the tank... and falls down underneath the register heater that is back there. I'm freakin out now and tryin to figure out what to do because I can't see the damn thing underneath the heater. My tank was of course already filled with water so I couldn't move that and I didn't know what to do. I looked over and saw my drill sitting there with a huge ass 2" bit in it. I picked up the drill, opened a cabinet door and started drilling through the back of my tank. I finally made a hole that was big enough to get my fish through and looked through it trying to find the P. I located it, motionless, covered in saw dust and almost lost all hope. By now about 2-3 minuites had gone by so I quickly picked up the fish by its tail, pulled it through the hole and got it in the tank. It took a little while for him to start swimmin around again... but phew, he made it. He looks like normal now. So all is well in the end, but man, I was trippin. My heart is still goin a mile a minuite and my lags feel like jello *big breath* but I got him. Now about the hole in the back of my stand... sh*t. Anyways, I got the rest of my guys in there and they absolutely love their new home. Everything's fine. Time to puff a doob and forget about this mess.

And by the way... I love my tank too.

·
Got Rice?!?
2,648 Posts
Crazy story. Good luck with him.

~Dj

·
Registered
601 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yah, he's fine. They're all doin awesome. I wish I got some pics of that... or the look on my face. I'll put some pics up of the new set up along with the hole in my stand a little later.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Crazy story!!! Way to think quickly and save your Piranha. I probably would have flipped out and started kicking out the back of the cabinet. Way to go. And, lets see some pics.

·
im offended and this is tastless,take it down &#33
4,277 Posts
glad theyre ok

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.