Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, my pH in my small tank was at 7.6 and has been there for a few days. It might have dropped, or raised, or whatever it does very slighty, even after adding a pH decreaser daily.

My other tank has a pH of like 6.4 or something, I put some baking soda in there, should that fix it up? I have never had a problem with pH until now and these tanks have been running for a few months. i dont understand why the sudden change. I havent added anything to the tanks. Oh, I am testing with the API master test kit.

·
Registered
958 Posts
What are you trying to do with your ph? Baking soda will increase your ph
I would just leave them where they are as they are acceptable. Whats your ph out of tap

·
Registered
2,520 Posts
Ok, my pH in my small tank was at 7.6 and has been there for a few days. It might have dropped, or raised, or whatever it does very slighty, even after adding a pH decreaser daily.

My other tank has a pH of like 6.4 or something, I put some baking soda in there, should that fix it up? I have never had a problem with pH until now and these tanks have been running for a few months. i dont understand why the sudden change. I havent added anything to the tanks. Oh, I am testing with the API master test kit.
Well a pH 6,4 is not a problem, it is ideal for most of the Piranhas. Still pH 7.6 is acceptable for example Pygocentrus Piranhas. No need to do anything. But I am also interested on the tap pH.

Harry

1 - 6 of 6 Posts