Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,

for our Information section, I'm currently working on a new page, filled with pictures that illustrate the remarkable healing capabilities of these fish.
So if you have pictures of injured fish (caused by fighting, shipping, etc...), and also pictures of that same fish fully healed, and are willing to let us use these pics,feel free to post them in this thread.
A sequence of pics that show the healing process on regular interfalls would be best, but simply before-and-after pics will do just fine.

If submitting here, please include as many data as possible:
- species;
- tankraised/wildcaught (if possible, with collection point);
- size;
- cause of injury;
- time between the foto's;
- anything else you think is worth mentioning.

Thanks for helping us out - I'll keep you guys updated on any new publications in the Info section

Two last notes:
- please don't comment or ask questions - don't use this thread for discussion, but create a new thread, and refer to this one.
Comments will be deleted!
- I'll pin this thread for a while, so you can find it easily.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
sorry to comment, but did you look in the sick fish pics thread which is pinned, and also the injured fish thread which is also pinned?

·
Hello Everybody!
2,049 Posts
I'm pretty sure Jonas is referring to before AND after shots of injuries, and time it took to heal.

Example:

Before...

2 weeks later...

3 weeks later...

Info:
16" rhom
wild caught
Cause of injury: shipping
Recovery made without the use of meds
Treatment: Water change every 2-3 days and salt at 0.3%

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Thanks for your pics, Don

Innes , Don is right - please read before posting: I'm not looking for pics of guppies with torn fins or bloated gourami's - I'm looking for before-after pics I can use in the Info section...

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Judazzz said:
Thanks for your pics, Don

Innes , Don is right - please read before posting: I'm not looking for pics of guppies with torn fins or bloated gourami's - I'm looking for before-after pics I can use in the Info section...
im working on it, but my fish isn't healed yet

·
what up NINJA
4,581 Posts
couple pics of a red w/ his tail bitten off.....

this pic is of the first week after tail was bitten off, notice the nub developing:

about 1 1/2 weeks later...

this wound was a little different or should I say worse than the common fin nip.
The bite extended past the caudal fin into the tail and more than half was bitten off.
this fish is still alive and well in my pygo shoal.
I bought it at the lfs. As far as I know, it is tank bred
This fish was 4" when this picture was taken.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Here's a pic of my old Caribe when he arrived. Here's a shot of the front of his chin, also notice the sunken eyes, emmaciation, and fins.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
here is a pic of the other side of his chin so you can see just how far the slash went down (i think it was from a hook when they caught him or something).

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
here he is after 2 weeks. you can see how the chin is still pink and the tissue is still healing on the chin. the fins are looking better and he's beefing up.

·
Registered
7,634 Posts
Here's my redbelly that I have had since he was 2" and I was told he was wild caught. This is an injury of the anal fin that went all the way into the flesh and you can see that his tail fin is injured to.

·
Registered
366 Posts
The gash on his chin is from fighting the glass and hitting the rocks. mine has that too. just make sure he doesnt fight the glass that much.

·
Registered
371 Posts
It's a pity I never had my digicam when Stumpy got his tail bitten off by his tankmates. They took the whole thing off. Suprisingly the flesh grew back and he managed of without a tail for the 1st few mths. Sadly though he wasn't fast enough to escape their clutches one day when they were hungry and they ate him. Bless. Heres a fully healed pic of him roughly 8 mths after injury.

·
Registered
1,509 Posts
There are some remarkable recovery stories there!! Glad to hear they hav all turned out ok!!! Luckily none of my Ps have encountered anythin like this and i hope they dont!!!

·
Registered
22,692 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Very nice, people

Keep them coming please...

Expect (some of) these pics to appear in the Information section once I have gathered enough

1 - 20 of 53 Posts