·
Registered
1,919 Posts
some times

haha

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
correct me if im wrong, but isnt the whole point of the price match to go into the store and get the deal that was advertised online. If you want the advertised online price then order online and pay for the shipping. ??

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
The first time I went to petsmart with the doctor foster smith catalog I went and found a worker and asked them if they would match the price of a filter. Big mistake. This give them time in privacy to quietly go ask their boss and they come over and say sorry they can't match that magazine with out any other customers seeing.

Heres the trick that has worked the last 3-4 times I've tried it at that store. Go get the product off the shelf and just walk up to the register and let them scan the item at regular price then blind side them and pull out your catalog and just say this is the price here in this magazine for the same thing. They look dumb founded at it. Ask them if they can check with their manager. He or she comes up and with loads of customers behind you to witness this happening he just crumbles because he doesn't want to look like a jerk.
Also don't even mention the shipping charges. They never think of it.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
The only price match that they have ever honored for me is the online price from petsmart.com. They usually run sales online that arent advertised on the sales floor. If you print out a copy of the online sale price and show it to them they will match the sale price everytime no questions asked. I beleive this is because each store is independantly owned and operated like a franchise, BUT they have to honor the sales prices that come down from management....
This is how i scored emp 400's for about 20 dollars cheaper and also a fluval 405 for about 60 dollars off the normal price.

Rip off petsmart by doing this....i highly reccomend it.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
The only price match that they have ever honored for me is the online price from petsmart.com. They usually run sales online that arent advertised on the sales floor. If you print out a copy of the online sale price and show it to them they will match the sale price everytime no questions asked. I beleive this is because each store is independantly owned and operated like a franchise, BUT they have to honor the sales prices that come down from management....
This is how i scored emp 400's for about 20 dollars cheaper and also a fluval 405 for about 60 dollars off the normal price.

HELL YEAH

F*@K YEAH

LOL

i've been looking for a way to rip them off.....you know outside of puting sh!t in my pockets haha

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've bought a couple relatively big ticket items using the petsmart.com price match, which saved quite a bit of cash. In one instance, the manager just made a remark about how she shouldn't really be doing the match, and at the least, should be adding shipping charges. I then made a remark about the fact that I don't have to pay sales tax online and that I'm sure they pay much less on shipping per item to have delivery to their store than I pay to have it delivered to my house. I wasn't given any more static.

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
Dont you just love STICKING it to the big guys.....YEAH!!!!!

They should match it plus give you 10% off just for making the effort to show them.

·
Offical P-Fury Ex-communicant
6,712 Posts

How are you "ripping off petsmart" when it is their policy to pricematch??? If by ripoff you mean chance prices and print them out then a big
to that.
Petsmart offical pricematch policy is to pricematch anyone BUT... they pricematch with the shipping charge included. I have been refused one time to pricematch because it didnt have a shipping charge. I asked to talk to the manager and he said its fine. I havnt been asked about it since.

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
Thank you for the info cause I get all my sh*t at Petsmart.
i try to shop at my smaller LFS. i know the guys there....ill hang out for an hour or so BS'in about cars and all kinds of sh!t

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
no shipping costs, just the price!!!!!!!

just bought an AC50 for $24.99 normaly $45.99

·
Registered
1,919 Posts
no shipping costs, just the price!!!!!!!

just bought an AC50 for $24.99 normaly $45.99
was that petsmart online price or was that some one else they matched

·
Registered
272 Posts
they refused me when i want to go buy my python
, unforunately i didnt know the trick of just going to the register or how it is corporate policy to price match.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Never been asked to pay the shipping charges when they price matched. I've even gone so far as to take a picture of the sale price screen from the website on my camera phone and show it to them....still worked (although the manager asked that next time i give them some kind of tangible proof they could retain for their records).

If by ripoff you mean chance prices and print them out then a big
to that.
Huh...what does that mean? And personally i like to spend as little of my hard earned cash as possible on necessary equipment. If printing out a piece of paper and bringing it into them saves me 20-30 bucks on occasion, then i dont see anything wrong wth that. And it does "rip them " off....it takes away from each stores individual profit and being that they are all franchised and independantly run, it reduces the bottom lines. IMO that policy they have is dumb as sh*t. BUT, better them getting shafted instead of me.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Anyone notice that if you just print the petsmart page off as-is, that the prices are (in)conveniently positioned just off the page?....you have to mess with it a bit to get the prices on the page. Can't help but think that it's intentional.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Never been asked to pay the shipping charges when they price matched. I've even gone so far as to take a picture of the sale price screen from the website on my camera phone and show it to them....still worked (although the manager asked that next time i give them some kind of tangible proof they could retain for their records).

to that.
Huh...what does that mean? And personally i like to spend as little of my hard earned cash as possible on necessary equipment. If printing out a piece of paper and bringing it into them saves me 20-30 bucks on occasion, then i dont see anything wrong wth that. And it does "rip them " off....it takes away from each stores individual profit and being that they are all franchised and independantly run, it reduces the bottom lines. IMO that policy they have is dumb as sh*t. BUT, better them getting shafted instead of me.
I believe he is refering to photoshopping the prices, making them appear lower then they are actually posted.

·
Registered
1,330 Posts

to that.
I believe he is refering to photoshopping the prices, making them appear lower then they are actually posted.
[/quote]

No one was photoshopping anything.......

·
Registered
254 Posts
i just bought an emperor 400 from petsmart. i printed off the sheet and brought it right to the cash. after putting up a bit of a fight i got it ruduced from the sticker price of $96.99 to $42.99 (the internet price). i didnt think that that was too bad of a deal. the problem that they gave me was...the manager said that the price that i printed off was an american price and that she shouldnt be giving me this deal, blah blah blah. is this true? should the manager be doing the conversion on top of the internet price? or do they have to give the price that its listed for on their website, like they did? i would just like to know for future reference when i go back to make another purchase. thanks

1 - 20 of 25 Posts