Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went to pets at home for some new fish today, I was unhappy with their prices, and after looking at the fish I saw that loads of them were ill, even so I had seen 2 that I wanted from healthy tanks - some kind of pleco and a pakistani loach.
The employee (who happens to be in my class at college) couldn't sell me any because it is thursday!
apparently they get their delivery in today and they will not sell them until friday - one whole days differance!
What is the point in this?
if you were to quarentine the fish you would do it for more than 1 day, wouldn't you?, I would do this for 2 weeks, if I was going to bother at all.
so my trip was a complete waste of time, I got no fish and the ones I saw were not good enough to make me return in the near future.

·
Registered
104 Posts
innes i hate pets at home tey are worthless and extreamly cruel tothier animals and have no care so i say they are having you on !!!

·
Captain Britannia
4,817 Posts
i have also seen this at P A H but it had a sign which read unable to sell fish for 48 hrs due to new delivery ,they dont have anything decent anyway i use my lfs in durham who is exellent

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
overbite said:
i have also seen this at P A H but it had a sign which read unable to sell fish for 48 hrs due to new delivery ,they dont have anything decent anyway i use my lfs in durham who is exellent
Living in Sunderland - I would suggest you go to Betta Aquria in Byker, Newcastle.
It is a good shop.

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
Hmmmm, never heard of pets at home. But I would definatly steer clear of that place!!!

</insert plug on Store Locator here>

·
joey&#39;d is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I think it is the same company as petsmart

·
joey&#39;d is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
on a good note, I went to pet world near mine today,
I was really impressed with the quality of the fish, there were no dead ones and no ill ones.
I mentioned this to the lady and she was telling me how they had cleaned out all of their tanks.
Lets hope this is a regular thing.
and also this is one of the shops which offers free water testing!
so I bought 3 anglefish, a tiger barb and 3 long-finned zebra danios.
Top marks to pet world (situated in Focus DIY shops)

·
Registered
104 Posts
idd still be careful i prefur waterzoo (speasalists)
(water zoo i got mixed up with a barn centre. so innes waterzoo do NOT feed ps dead fish)

·
joey&#39;d is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
these shops I have been talking about don't even sell piranhas, they are just for the commercial community tank.
It was for my non-piranha tanks.
I generally go to a different place - Betta Aquaria, it is a good fish shop, its just I wanted more choice.

·
Piranha Expert
4,309 Posts
when my st.bernard was a puppy. we brought him into pets mart and he started drinking out if the commet feeder tank. i let him drink cause he was thirsty...haha. a worker in the fish department caught me an kicked us out

·
joey&#39;d is da man
14,077 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I was also in Peter Barratts garden center today, and they had some nice fish, and amphibians.
and just a little desiese! :
:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.