Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have got a bunch of crap about posting my observations in my own aquariums, about not having anything to do with what the fish do in the wild. A point people need to keep in mind is that what most people here care about, what their fish will do in their tanks, not what the fish do in the wild, though some might find it intresting, thats about it for most people, I really am tired of hearing thats not what the do in the wild and you cannot quantify your personal observations to be fact with all fish in the wild, let me say this once "I am not talking about fish in the wild"

does everyone understand what I mean when I talk about my owm observations?

·
Death is fair to everyone.
5,310 Posts
Nate, I don't mind opinions by your own observations,as most of us do and i think you know a good deal about your piranhas, But your arrogance was showing through, and criticizing frank on his character was uncalled for.
He has done alot for us, and this hobby, i am old school on the respect that should be shown. With all that said let's let the sleeping dog lay.

·
The ASSMAN
20,570 Posts
Sir Nathan XXI said:
I have got a bunch of crap about posting my observations in my own aquariums, about not having anything to do with what the fish do in the wild. A point people need to keep in mind is that what most people here care about, what their fish will do in their tanks, not what the fish do in the wild, though some might find it intresting, thats about it for most people, I really am tired of hearing thats not what the do in the wild and you cannot quantify your personal observations to be fact with all fish in the wild, let me say this once "I am not talking about fish in the wild"

does everyone understand what I mean when I talk about my owm observations?
I think it needs to be understood that not only do fish behave differently in the wild; they behave differently from one aquarium to the next. We do not provide the same water conditions, diet, tank mates, lighting, ect..., so what you experience in your tank will not be what I experience. More often than not you have a tendency to generalize how everyone's fish should act because that is the way your fish act. You said that you have hand chosen your fish out of many to get the most aggressive you could find. If that is true, than none of our fish should act the way yours do.
My 2 cents.

·
Registered
3,133 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
alot of what I generalize also is a coleration from other fish keepers as well, but you are correct with the parameters as well as the individual fish

·
Registered
27,337 Posts
Raptor said:
Nate, I don't mind opinions by your own observations,as most of us do and i think you know a good deal about your piranhas, But your arrogance was showing through, and criticizing frank on his character was uncalled for.
He has done alot for us, and this hobby, i am old school on the respect that should be shown. With all that said let's let the sleeping dog lay.
I agree,
Your contributions here are great and appreciated Nate but I ask that you please follow the advice above.

Why is this in Piranha Husbandry, moved to the Lounge.

·
joey'd is da man
14,077 Posts
Nate, people like your help and opinions.

be happy with that. :smile:

·
"The Dancing Banana Man"
7,893 Posts
i understand but ... most tanks here are not big enuff i bet the fish still feels like, damn it i am in a POS box!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.