Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, related to this thread over here I'm looking to pick up a paintball gun. I'm not looking for anything too over the top or hardcore. But something reliable that works pretty well and has good range on it (the longer the better, I guess). Also some advice on reliable brands of ammo... If I can get this online, an even bigger plus.

Cheers.

· Registered
2,563 Posts
i agree with cobra, ive had a 98 for about 8 years now and havent had a problem yet. as for the ammo, you dont need that crazy expensive tournament grade ammo unless you are in the huge competitions. i usually go to places like dicks sporting goods or dunhams sports and pick up the giant plastic tubs of 2000 shots for about $30

· Registered
900 Posts
How much you wanna spend bro? the pepperballs are spendy but its not like your gonna shoot em unless have too. As far as brand of paint you first have to decide what gun your gonna get and what barrel it has. every barrel has a different bore and every brand of paint is different size ball. you wnna match the ball with the barrel so the ball fits snug and does not roll out. otherwise the ball will not fly right and have less velocity. Let me know how much you wanna spend and we can go from there. take care bro...

· WWTCD?
8,963 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Haha. Looking at all this paintball gear actually makes me want to get into it beyond sniping punk kids who f*ck around with my property and vandalize my house. This sh*t is cool.

The Tippman X-7 is siiiiiiick.

· Registered
4,312 Posts
i own a Tippman x-7 and its the best gun i have EVER owned. I have soo mnay upgrades its not even funny. everyone I go with ask if i bought a new gun everytime i go cause i switch it up every time i go.

i can sell you a red dot scope for your gun if you decide to buy

the Tippman 98 is a great gun. as with all tippmans they can take an amazing beating and work like new. I own an A-5 as well just stock and its pretty much the same gun but with an auto feeder.

· Suspended with pay
2,323 Posts
I don't think I need to say my choice, because it's already been stated.

· Registered
900 Posts
I have a about 15 guns and can sell u one if needed for a killer price. Tippman is best known and the best for add ons, very durible. I have a a-5 but never really use it. To many guys at the field have em, plus I am getting away from hoppers and using clip fed. I use my ATS AT-10 more than any ( http://www.getrealpaintball.com/ ) but I have Palmer pursuit Typhoons, throwback brass Sheridan's like the PGP, Vm 68's etc, I have CCI phantom which is the most accurate gun I have shot to this day but its a pump, I also have 2 spyder pilots, tac 8(which I think you would like, its a clip fed pistol that is really good for pepperballs and concealing), Bob Long Timmy, a few misc pumps, etc. Ill get pics as soon as I get batteries for camera...

Your probably wondering why I have so many but its a side income. I buy guns from craigslist or snipe on ebay and just resale em and make some profit on ebay and paintball forums. I end up keeping the ones I like and using them on the field.

Tippman anything is good for a first gun and like others said very good. If your not gonna play with it and use it for punks who wanna destroy your home then I would go with a clip fed pistol or clip fed uzi type gun that way you dont have to mess with a hopper and co2/hpa tank. The Tac 8 pistol could stay loaded with balls and a co2 cartridge then when u need to use just twist the lever and co2 seal will puncture and you will be ready to rock...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9sVXL88RzGQ...feature=related

· Kyle's Mom Is A Big Fat Bxtch! IMO
1,871 Posts
I created a thread similar to this as a way of dealing with non-tipping and/or rude customers. I ended up going with the Tippmann 98 and am still satisfied with it. Very accurate!!

· Banned
10,111 Posts
timmys are sick, maybe out of your price range though...look for used 2k5's though with upgrades. they'll take tipmans to school and rape them up the ass. nobody uses tippmans in comps. maybe some woodsball, but not much...

· Registered
4,312 Posts
timmys are sick, maybe out of your price range though...look for used 2k5's though with upgrades. they'll take tipmans to school and rape them up the ass. nobody uses tippmans in comps. maybe some woodsball, but not much...
Tippmann is the #1 woodsball gun for woodsball. Its proven. i have tried my X7 indoors and in an outside speedball course and its just wayyy to sloww

· Banned
10,111 Posts
yeah but there are better woodsball guns which also are suitable for speedball. tippmans are just way too sloppy and slow to be any competition to ions and timmy's. back in 2002-2003, a-5's and customs were extremely common...nowadays they're getting scarce...in-fact, a lot of people are switching to higher priced pumps for better accuracy and control...less bulk.

· Registered
900 Posts
yo ridermom the Timmy I got off you with the board ropes em... I have a noid problem now and gonna get a new one. Yea Tippmans are the best starter gun and are easy to use and very durable. I just dont like em becuase everyone where I live has one and I like to be different. I do like how you can change em around for diferent looks though. I like the MP5 look... Like Ride said, pumps are gettin very popular. Sh1t, my CCI phantom kit is woth 400 bucks and is a pump. It is very accurate,light, and quite. no hopper and 12gram co2 for the stockclass play, but I use it in regular play. Most these kids shoot 15 bucks worth in a game and I ll shoot 15 balls and hit just as many if not more opponets. I like to have one of each,lol... so I can use different guns for different times.

· Banned
10,111 Posts
yeah dude, that timmy was easily the best gun i've ever used in a comp. easily. i was destroying souped up ions, and dm5's and 6's. it was completely built for speedball and sends a solid string of paint as fast as you can bounce that e-trigger. arg i miss that gun. lol.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts