Piranhas Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can't stand theses people that hate all of Iraq and say how stupid their armed forces are. They are defending their country. Just as we would do in an attack. I cant stand the people who are afraid of the Iraqi immigrants that are here in america. Listen, they came here because they wanted to leave Iraq. They came here because we promised freedom, not ridicule. Let theses people live their lives.

·
The ASSMAN
20,469 Posts
I agree, unfortunately there have always been ignorant people who can’t separate the individual from the actions of others. I would be nice if we judged people by their actions instead of our own fears and prejudices.... maybe some day.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I hate having the internet now. Back in 91 I didn't have to read pages and pages of uninformed ignorance. Not saying you guys are doing it because you have valid points I just hate the majority of what I see people typing.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
You would think that with the seemingly endless supply of information that there would be more people that had at least half a clue. Seems like a lot of people hear one thing and latch on to that, ignoring whatever else. Ironic all these peace protestors who protest quite angrily trying to block off businesses etc.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
The problem is people only listen to one side or simply only get one side of the story and go upon that information rather than taking the initiative to dig a little deeper or think about it rationally. Despite freedom of speech our news in the papers and television is profoundly liberal and preach it like a bible. I can't stand the news anymore because its so biased.

·
Bean Power!
8,911 Posts
Black Piranha said:
I cant stand the people who are afraid of the Iraqi immigrants that are here in america.
I know where your coming from with this but, how can you blame anyone for being at least a little apprehensive of middle east immigrants?
Terrorists are instructed and taught to "blend" with Americans. Become one of them. Catch them off guard.

I don't feel right about it but I'm always leary around middle easterns. It's a natural and unfortunate instinct following 9/11.

A middle eastern man owns a convienient store up the road from me and we get along great, I'm a frequent customer there. He's a nice guy, period. But, that thought is always in the back of my mind. Does he have an alterior motive being here? I doubt it but, how do I know for sure? Bottom line is you can't blame people for their justified apprehension of middle easterns, it's human instinct.

I hope one day it won't be like this anymore. :smile:

·
Registered
27,223 Posts
The Iraqi armed forces are stupid. If they fight, they die. If they surrender, they wont. Its a very simple exchange that I hope they get. Maybe if they werent so "afraid" of US forces, they could see that what we are doing is in their best interest.

·
Registered
891 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
hey xenon. noone is right in this war. neither us nor them. we both think that our countries are doing the right thing. we make think they are wrong but they think we are wrong. they are defending their country just you or me would if they attacked us

·
...just back for a bit to catch up...
6,193 Posts
Black Piranha said:
hey xenon. noone is right in this war. neither us nor them. we both think that our countries are doing the right thing. we make think they are wrong but they think we are wrong. they are defending their country just you or me would if they attacked us
i would see how defending their country is an arguement....but did you perhaps ever think they aren't defending their country, but perhaps defending their ruthless dumbass dictator, because he's brainwashed them soooo many times over? i mean.....the US forces did warn that we WILL NOT attack the people of iraqi, that we DID NOT come to kill them, but to liberate them.......we also asked the iraqi forces to stand down, and they will not be hurt.......and we issued the rules of engagement.....if they fire upon us, we will look upon them as a threat to us, and will shoot to kill.........

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
The difference is that we aren't attacking them, it really is the regime. To all the doubting Toms out there watch the coverage to see what I mean. A lot of people in Baghdad have expressed their intent to fight the Americans, funny how it's pretty much in Baghdad where every bit of information put out is screened and modified to be pro-Saddam. They have absolutely no knowledge of what goes on outside. 20+ years of brainwashing and rule by terror.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.