Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I’m looking for any valuable feedback regarding the likes and dislikes of these two particular products from people who have used either one or both of them.

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
i have 2 emp 400's on my 55 gallon tank and they keep it clean... sometimes they get noisy but you just hit em with a tire thumper and thell shut up... (kinda like kids)

--Steve

·
I will bite your face!
7,436 Posts
the emperior 400 is the model above the Penguin from the same company. they are pretty much identical except for the following.

EMP 400gph motor VS 350 on the penguin
EMP spray bars to drive the biowheel and prevent te filter from backing up. Peng biowheel is spun passivly.

Emp larger filter media cartrages and Media box.

Emp is the better filter. there is no question. You can get them pretty cheap if you have a petsmart in your area. Cause you can print the price online and go to the store and buy it for that much. onine price is about 40 bucks.
If they try and give you some BS about shipping. Let them know that shipping costs are not paid to petsmart but to the shipper so the diference in price due to shipping is irrelivant. As well it is corperate policy to price match. And if a store tries to deny you.
Remind them of that. As well point out the sign next to the register about price matching.

·
Registered
4,114 Posts
I have owned both, and I will never buy a Penguin again, the filter was nothing but problems, spend the extra money and get an Emperor.

·
Registered
107 Posts
i was wondeing does the AC500 come with a bio wheel type thing. i know some peeople said it didnt but i would think it would. thats the only thing keeping me from buying it.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts