Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,330 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got back from my Gf's lastnight i was gone for 3 days. I came home to notice the filter in my 20 gallon where my 6.5" red is was not working. My step brother comes home on the weekends and he plays my PS2. Well i have my filter and everything plugged in so I'm not using my PS2 right now, but he unplugged the filter, heater and air to play the PS2 then plugged everything back in. He didn't notice that when u unplug the filter it drains and u have to fill it up w/ water past the motor. So the filter was runnin and sucking air and busted. This happened Monday night when i left and i didn't get home until Thurs. nite. So i was really pissed and today i went out and got a Penguin 125 and my ? is How often should i rinse the bio wheel or do I just leave it and never rinse it?

·
"Nitro"
5,386 Posts
Lucky Luciano said:
. So i was really pissed and today i went out and got a Penguin 125 and my ? is How often should i rinse the bio wheel or do I just leave it and never rinse it?
you never should rince the bio wheel, it needs to have bacteria growth on it to work correctly, rincing it will only hurt it.

·
Registered
2,412 Posts
Agree, but sometimes you have to clean around the edges(where it spins) in order for it work properly, but never rinse out the bio-wheel.

·
Registered
384 Posts
i have read that u should rinse it when the bio wheel starts slowing down i got this info on my emperor 400 it says. Any algae,mineral deposits or other buildup that hinder rotation can be eliminatedwith a gentle rinsein room temperature water.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts