Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My PH just keeps rising to 8.8-9 even after several water changes and my tap water is 7.5ph, So it says to buy peat plates for my filters...........any ideas? I tried petsmart, petco, petland.....

thanks
Ray

·
DSFR FF3922
5,021 Posts
My PH just keeps rising to 8.8-9 even after several water changes and my tap water is 7.5ph, So it says to buy peat plates for my filters...........any ideas? I tried petsmart, petco, petland.....

thanks
Ray
Online is probably your best bet, or mabye a local garden centre
You can get peat granuales that go in a chamber of your external (if you have one) they maybe worth looking out for..
Also a couple of fresh untreated bits of bogwood should help lower your ph
(expect your water to look like strong tea for a while though)

What substrate are you using?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked some up a local lfs, it worked! My tap water was around 8.4ph, I have a 155 bow front and it took 7-10 using 600 grams of Flural Aquarium peat in 2 bags in my wet/dry to finally lower to 7ph. I also added 2 large pieces of driftwood to. So far its been 2 weeks and everythings perfect, water obviously has a yellow tint to it but my p's are very funny! Good luck

·
Registered
11 Posts
I picked some up a local lfs, it worked! My tap water was around 8.4ph, I have a 155 bow front and it took 7-10 using 600 grams of Flural Aquarium peat in 2 bags in my wet/dry to finally lower to 7ph. I also added 2 large pieces of driftwood to. So far its been 2 weeks and everythings perfect, water obviously has a yellow tint to it but my p's are very funny! Good luck
I might very happy, not funny.

·
Registered
775 Posts
I might very happy, not funny.
[/quote]

My ps are funny. They do their own stand up comedies and have corny jokes about cannibalism.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts