Piranhas Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my red belly as tested enjoys the goodness that comes from Pea pods, the peas and all too. I am very happy to have such a good diet for my fish

How many of you can feed your fish raw veggies?

It is also low in cost and helps bring colours out :D

·
Soft Machine
1,687 Posts
snow peas or normal garden peas?

I was going to try individual peas today, someone on here said to boil and remove the skin.

if yours like fresh pods. maybe I'll try that first.

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yeah I tried this food in all of my tanks and suprisingly the only ones that turned it down this time where my africans... kinda not what I was expecting but it works

·
Registered
2,592 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
... Oh yah they were Snow peas... with the whole case, minus the little hard tip at the end. I just give them a quick rinse in the water just to be safe and then serve. :smile:

·
Soft Machine
1,687 Posts
I'm gonna give it a whirl.

good Idea

have you had any success with ohter veggies?

·
Registered
234 Posts
For some reason, mine keep trying to eat my damn plastic plants. There's pieces of plastic on the filter, floating in the tank, and I even saw a piece coming out of my P's @$$.

·
Registered
242 Posts
It's good for them USAFb00st. In the wild, Ps, especially Pygos eat more veggie material than meat. The only become highly carnivorous during the dry periods when food becomes scarce. My Ps eat cucumbers, sliced grapes, raspberries and especially Amazon Swords.

If you can wean your Ps off of a strict meat diet to an omnivorous one, it'll pay off, for your wallet and for your pets.

·
Registered
65 Posts
piranhabar said:
It's good for them USAFb00st. In the wild, Ps, especially Pygos eat more veggie material than meat. The only become highly carnivorous during the dry periods when food becomes scarce. My Ps eat cucumbers, sliced grapes, raspberries and especially Amazon Swords.

If you can wean your Ps off of a strict meat diet to an omnivorous one, it'll pay off, for your wallet and for your pets.
Fine, I'll drop a raisin or somethin in there once in awhile. HOW COOL IS THAT!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts